Hitch Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnieee

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and I just purchased a 2015 LT, but I noticed that the hitch is 5" higher then my 2011 Silverado ltz. When I towed with the Silverado I used a 2" drop, so does that mean I need a 7" drop? Seems kind of crazy to have a 7" drop.

setme31

Reaction score
My 8" drop hitch is coming today from etrailer.com. I will let you know if it works correctly for towing my boat. On my 2004 Tahoe, I had a 2" drop, so this will be a big change.

I measured to the top of the truck receiver and it was 24 1/16".
I measured to the bottom of the boat coupler and it was 16 1/4".

The difference is 7.81". From there you are supposed to round up to the next closest drop. That's how I ended up with an 8" drop.

vinnieee

Reaction score
setme31, what brand of hitch did you go with?

I'm looking at B&W Hitch, model 10 with a 7" drop.

setme31

Reaction score
I got a cushioned ball mount from etrailer.com. Here is a link. http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Convert-A-Ball/AMSC8.html

I went with a 10,000 lb limit because I didn't want to have to buy another one later if I wanted to tow something heavier than my boat.

BTW, I installed the hitch and backed my truck up to my trailer (leveled). The hitch was a perfect fit. I tried to take a picture, but my phone battery was dead (Doh!).

sgorman1033

Reaction score
I had to get a new 12" drop for my trailer. It's a beast but was needed to keep the trailer level. I don't keep it on. I take it off when not being used. It looks so big and out of place. The new Tahoe is definitely up there in height.

vinnieee

Reaction score
I had to get a new 12" drop for my trailer. It's a beast but was needed to keep the trailer level. I don't keep it on. I take it off when not being used. It looks so big and out of place. The new Tahoe is definitely up there in height.

Agreed the Tahoe is up there. I installed my hitch and put the trailer back in the yard till Daytona Beach