how do I disable the factory sub in my 2001 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwadams2

Reaction score
Does any one have any idea how to disable a factory subwoofer on my 2001 tahoe its located in the back left of the cargo area .I tried to get to it but there is a bolt form inside the body frame that is for holding up the cargo net ...I am afraid of removing the bolt & losing down inside the truck(because it is very hard to get to) ...So I am trying to find another way to turn the bastard off.....Thanks for your help

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your gonna have to just take it off and unplug the harness. Otherwise, cut the wires. I'd go with unplugging it.

rwadams2

Reaction score
problem is

having a hard time getting to the stupid harness ...because the wires to the stereo I cannot cut because they go to the factory amps ...In otherwords I do not see any direct wires to the wiring harness to the stereo area....I actually have the service information cd's from general motors up to 2005 this is the software they use at the dealerships & it doesnt show much but removing the speaker ...thanks

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the nut on the back side of that cargo net holder is clipped on the body it wont fall. you can pull it apart with no worries( just turn the bass down on the radio?)

rwadams2

Reaction score
sweet thanks.... The Factory sub is blown thats why I want it off ...I have a boxed 15" sub I am putting in the back but I need to get a strong amp to push it which I am trying to do this week ...I had a pretty good setup before but it all got stolen 3 months ago & now I am just getting to replacing stuff ...but its been slow since they cut my overtime at work ...