How many are happy with the 07/08 Tahoe?

How well do you like the New Tahoe/Yukon?

• Absoluetly love this truck, and would get another one in a heartbeat!

Votes: 308 64.7%
  • I loke it ok, but some things need improvement.

Votes: 136 28.6%
  • not what I thought it would be.

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • woulden't buy another one, would buy somthing else.

Votes: 15 3.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love these questions.

I LOVE THE TAHOE, across the board. from 1935 to today. i loved the yukon up until the change to the NBS gmt 900.

if gm were not adding the cool stuff to the 09 hoe, i would have an 08 in my driveway today to go with the yukon.

i will probably have a k5 or older 2 door tahoe to go with both of them to offroad in also. :D

07tahizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my 07 LTZ, it they just made them a lot more "classy". i had a 2000 Navigator before this and i honestly like my tahoe a lot more.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the tahoe, but I'm super disappointed with the transmission, it sucks. Glad to hear they are phasing in the 6-speed.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the new Tahoes a lot, but I do think some things need improvement. First off, the 4 speed tranny is terrible. I've hated it on all four Tahoes we have had. Second, I don't buy these things for gas mileage, but the new one actually does worse than both of our old body style Tahoes have done.

All in all, I like the new body style a lot, but that's not to say that I would buy the NBS if they still made the old. I just prefer the drive and the interior of the old body style to the new. The exterior of the 2007- body style looks awesome, though.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some early production growing pains I am extremely happy.

BTW that is the first time I heard anyone say they liked the old interior more.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Tahoe... only gripe is the rattle in my door that bugs the life out of me. That and the need for lockpick, half the features are locked out. I usually have a passenger plug in the destinations while I'm driving and I can't even do that.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some early production growing pains I am extremely happy.

BTW that is the first time I heard anyone say they liked the old interior more.

Ha ha, really? Maybe it's because I've driven the old ones so much. We put 107k on a 2003 Z71 and I've had my 2004 since it was new, so that's a lot of driving. I think the new one is more upscale than the old one, but I think the old one is more comfortable. Besides that, I just can't see myself taking an LTZ or LT3 offroading like I did the 2003 Z71, it just feels too nice to get dirty. Like I said, I love both for different reasons.

jmitchell

Reaction score
Love the new Tahoe's, but I have one major complaint....

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth...and better factory integration with iPods. Holding onto OnStar is really leaving GM in the dust when it comes to factory integration and in-car technology.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with our tahoe...but...the roof rack needs to be lengthened a bit (there is room) and I have never been a fan of the bose systems. They're just okay, but it should be a better system for a truck that cost 50k. And the rain 'non' sense wipers??? I wish they had an off feature to take it back to the manual mode.
little stuff, I know, but these would help make it much mo better!

07tahizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can turn off the sensers... just turn the switch all the way back... its only on when its on the first click thing.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, but I know that. What I meant was a way to turn the auto wiper feature off completely...just operate the wipers the normal way. I have heard others complain about the "auto" operation of these.

jmitchell

Reaction score
The auto rainsensing wipers are activated when the headlights are set to Auto. If you manually turn the headlights on and off each time, then you can have manual wipers as well. Seems a little inconvenient to have to manually work both headlights and wipers though.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the new Tahoe's, but I have one major complaint....

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth...and better factory integration with iPods. Holding onto OnStar is really leaving GM in the dust when it comes to factory integration and in-car technology.

their adding that in the 09 model though, one reason im holding out for one:cool:

jmitchell

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't wait for the integration of bluetooth into the Tahoe's for '09. I just hope they make OEM kits that can be installed plug-n-play into the '07 & '08's. I probably won't be ready for a new Tahoe until 2010 at the earliest.

misonido

Reaction score
One of my major gripes is the leather interior, it may be because the leather in the Denali I had was so soft, but the leather in my LTZ is not as supple to sit on for extended trips 8+ hours from NC to CT. Other then that the stock handling has gotten progressively better from model year to model year and I am amazed at the turning radius on the 07/08's for such a large vehicle.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
One of my major gripes is the leather interior, it may be because the leather in the Denali I had was so soft, but the leather in my LTZ is not as supple to sit on for extended trips 8+ hours from NC to CT. Other then that the stock handling has gotten progressively better from model year to model year and I am amazed at the turning radius on the 07/08's for such a large vehicle.

Yeah I am surprised of how tight the turning radius is.