How many use the hands free calling feature?

How many use the hands free feature?

• Yes I love it, used it from day one!

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Just started using it, and I like it.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • try it, diden't like it

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Never used it.

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Never used it and don't plan to.

Votes: 19 14.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ki4izq

Reaction score
i like the concept of handsfree calling but i wish gm offered bluetooth so that i can use my existing phone... i understand that would be in direct competition with their onstar service but i still would like the choice...

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mine from day one. And I do really like the way it works. Only thing it took me a while to figure out was how to hang up the call from the steering wheel. I was having to hit the onstar button on the mirror for a few days until I had time to figure out what hung up the call from the wheel..:ktoe: I couldn't find anything in the book about it at the time. Turned out you just push the down arrow on the station scan on the wheel and it hangs up the call. ;)

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I used mine from day one. And I do really like the way it works. Only thing it took me a while to figure out was how to hang up the call from the steering wheel. I was having to hit the onstar button on the mirror for a few days until I had time to figure out what hung up the call from the wheel..:ktoe: I couldn't find anything in the book about it at the time. Turned out you just push the down arrow on the station scan on the wheel and it hangs up the call. ;)

Wow I didn't know that, I'll have to try that.

Mystic_angeleyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried but sometimes it doesn't go thru. i'll say the number and nothing happens. But other times i say the number and it dials right up! i'm soon going to be adding it to my verizon account so that i can use it instead of my cell.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried but sometimes it doesn't go thru. i'll say the number and nothing happens. But other times i say the number and it dials right up! i'm soon going to be adding it to my verizon account so that i can use it instead of my cell.

That is what I did as now my Tahoe is a cell phone on wheels.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it but i wish i could dial using hte touch screen insted of voice command, it does not like my voice.

but its cool, but i wish i could answer a call by hitting the button on the wheel as well as end the call.

to answer a call you have to hit the phone button, but to end it you can hit the ear thing on the wheel. why not both. :wow: :mad:

and i dont like the way it rings, i wish it had a real ringer, why does it ringing sound like im makeing the call?

CobraKai

Reaction score
I wasn't that impressed with, it and since work pays for my cell (and my Bluetooth headset) I decided to stick with that.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need another choice on the poll.

I've used it since day one but I DON"T love it. I have Verizon but have not linked the two. Minutes are too expensive to use as it it set up. I've used the free 30 minutes and most of the bonus 100 I got later on. Now those have Expired...NICE.

I still use cell unless I don't have service out in the boondocks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just like saying i have a car phone, sounds cool. i buy 100 minuited every month, just like a cell phone bill, no big deal to me. i love the virtual advisor, i can get traffic weather and i have my stocks programmed in there too. :yesnod: part of my mornign rutine on the way to work is to get vertuial advisor and call my secritary to let her know im coming in. i LOVE THAT. i just wish the onstar computer lady was not so hard of hearing.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just like saying i have a car phone, sounds cool. i buy 100 minuited every month, just like a cell phone bill, no big deal to me. i love the virtual advisor, i can get traffic weather and i have my stocks programmed in there too. :yesnod: part of my mornign rutine on the way to work is to get vertuial advisor and call my secritary to let her know im coming in. i LOVE THAT. i just wish the onstar computer lady was not so hard of hearing.

Yeah sometimes she dosn't hear too well.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always just hang up and answer a call by using the button that looks like somebody talking, does that not work with yall? I'm addicted to onstar, I use it all the time for traffic and directions. I do not mind paying that bill as much as I use it. I think I use about 150 personal calling minutes a month, I usually just buy the biggest package and it lasts a while. It makes me mad how your minutes expire with the subscription every year, though.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always just hang up and answer a call by using the button that looks like somebody talking, does that not work with yall? I'm addicted to onstar, I use it all the time for traffic and directions. I do not mind paying that bill as much as I use it. I think I use about 150 personal calling minutes a month, I usually just buy the biggest package and it lasts a while. It makes me mad how your minutes expire with the subscription every year, though.

On the 2007 and up the button that looks like you're talking works for mute, Answering Incoming Calls, and if you hold it down for more then 3 seconds it activates Onstar to place a call. It will not hang up calls. This can be done by holding down the down arrow on the station scan on the wheel or hitting the Onstar button on the rearview mirror

Thundergod

Reaction score
I like it.
I just switched from AT&T to Verizon, partly due to the ability to use the minutes.
I was sick of AT&T's act anyway.

jscgolf

Reaction score
I use the Ta-phone combined with the Nav. If you have POI's on the screen - you can touch them and an "info" button displays showing the name of the icon (say a hotel) with the address and phone number. There is also a "call" button - simply press the call button & the Ta-phone calls the hotel. I have used this a couple of times to get a hotel, say an hour away from where I'm traveling. I have also ordered pizza and other food using the same method.

While I think the Nav system generally sucks ... this is a pretty COOL:gy: feature. I know the Garmins also do this if you have bluetooth ... so I guess this makes the Ta-phone kinda like bluetooth.

Rock on TAHOE :git:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the mintues a while back but have not really used it (only used about 3 mintues so far). I would switch to verizon but ALLTEL has way better coverage than verizon. and I like my circle!