How many use the hands free calling feature?

How many use the hands free feature?

• Yes I love it, used it from day one!

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Just started using it, and I like it.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • try it, diden't like it

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Never used it.

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Never used it and don't plan to.

Votes: 19 14.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulC

Reaction score
So you can answer calls from your personal cellphone while driving.

Thundergod

Reaction score
If I'm gonna be on the road for a long trip, I use call forwarding, and fwd the calls to my cell phone to my Tahoe phone number.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I want to add my Phone # to my verizon account, do I still need to pay for the monthly onstar pkg, or is the phone system separate from the other onstar stuff?

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need another choice on the poll.

I've used it since day one but I DON"T love it. I have Verizon but have not linked the two. Minutes are too expensive to use as it it set up. I've used the free 30 minutes and most of the bonus 100 I got later on. Now those have Expired...NICE.

I still use cell unless I don't have service out in the boondocks

I'M in the same boat as you. They gave me 30 minutes and I bought the extra 100 minutes for $14.99 so the 130 minutes that I had expired one year later with 60 or so minutes left.

I would buy more minutes if they didn't expire, and I don't feel like paying Verizon another 10 BUX a month when I already have 4 phones with them.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy more minutes before the year is up, the leftover minutes roll over and don't expire. Of course, you have to maintain an active OnStar account.

GHR2

Reaction score
If I want to add my Phone # to my verizon account, do I still need to pay for the monthly onstar pkg, or is the phone system separate from the other onstar stuff?

Yes, you must have an active OnStar service - cheapest is their "Safe and Sound". Then you can add the vehicle phone to your Verizon Family Plan (if you have that) for $9.95/month and share your pool of family minutes - it's just like another cell phone on the Family Plan.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you must have an active OnStar service - cheapest is their "Safe and Sound". Then you can add the vehicle phone to your Verizon Family Plan (if you have that) for $9.95/month and share your pool of family minutes - it's just like another cell phone on the Family Plan.

Good to know. I was thinking about adding it to my VZ plan. But I already have a Bluetooth Handsfree unit in the Yukon.

I did buy the promo minutes just in case someone else was driving.

But I don't see an advantage for me yet...

LTZBluez

Reaction score

GHR2,

My OnStar has been expired and was wondering if you know how much is the "Safe and Sound" Onstar plan.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Safe & Sound
Model Year 2007 and Newer Vehicle Pricing:
$18.95/month* or $199/year (plus tax)

Model Year 2006 and older pricing
Upgrade to Directions & Connections for just $9.95 (plus tax) more per month for as long as you like or just $100 (plus tax) more annually. With no contract to sign, it's all up to you.
I have the year free with 130 minutes. I like having the extra phone as a back-up. I don't know if keeping it will be worth it come 9/09. I have a year to decide. Will they send me emails constantly near the end to sign up at a "one time only" rate?

jdainsworth

Reaction score
I put in a BlueFusion from Scosche that integrates with the OEM radio through the XM interface. Pretty slick. Shows up like an XM station, and gives you full access to any bluetooth phone. Took about 5 minutes to install.

http://www.safewireless.com/hands-f...1.html?zenid=f093a6bd423345349dfb128872186a31

I don't see the point in using the OnStar hands free. Has the same reception as my cell phone, and my phone is paid for through my company.

SASCRAGGS

Reaction score
Bluethooth

i like the concept of handsfree calling but i wish gm offered bluetooth so that i can use my existing phone... i understand that would be in direct competition with their onstar service but i still would like the choice...

Check out 2009 GMC website the new Yukons and Thahoes come with a Bluetooth system you can even go through thier site and match up your phone on the site

ANTMANFERRUM2424

Reaction score
If you get the car phone number switched to verizon family plan, how do you make phone calls from the car. the only way I know is to put someone in the address book with adress, name and number and call them that away. Is there a screen that looks like a phone or not