How To Install Hoe-puter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erosa713

Reaction score
hi im new to the car pc world but not new to getting my hands dirty lol ok so since this project started out as a " what the heck im board " project to a " what the heck did i get myself into" project lol , ok people this is what u call a custom car-pc install on a budjet lol , i had a old slim dell desktop pc on my shelf just dying so i decided to throw it my my tahoe but where was a big problem because i wanted it to look nice not just lying around somewhere so i started ripping my poor baby apart and found a nice lil spot for my pc where the factory sub woofer is , and since i dont use that speaker , it was perfect spot to begin , so i removed the speaker and cut the face of the enclosure to fit my pc ( remember im on a budjet people its a desktop pc) lol
View attachment 5702
View attachment 5703
car-pc_033.jpg
car-pc_034.jpg
ok so since i put the pc in da back of the truck i had to make some kind of an extension for the turn on button so i ran some cat-5 cable and desolder and solder the power on button and at the same time of my pc install i removed some junk that came with the truck like the factory amp and on-star unit lol so i decided it would be cool if i turn my on-star button into my pc turn on button lol
car-pc_012.jpg
car-pc_014.jpg
REMEMBER PEOPLE THIS IS A BUDGET INSTALL LOL
SO NOW IT WAS TIME FOR THE TEST ........ BAM EVERYTHING TURNED ON ( VERY HAPPY MOMENT FOR ME PEOPLE LOL ) NOW IT WAS TIME TO PUT MY BABY BACK TOGETHER AGAIN , SO RIGHT NOW IM IN THE PROCESS OF TWEAKIN THE PC LIKE GET A FRONT END, GPS, ETC ETC . IF YOU HAVE ANY INPUT I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT ... I WOULDVE PUT UP MORE PICS BUT I CAN ONLY POST UP 5 AT A TIME FOR SOME REASON LOL HERES HOW IT LOOKS AT 90% DONE
car-pc_035.jpg
I WELCOME ALL CRITICS !! , IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD TIPS LOL
THANKS TO JK MOTORSPORTS FOR THE ONSTAR REMOVAL THREAD...

erosa713

Reaction score
this is the desktop in the stock subwoofer enclosure
car-pc_004.jpg
car-pc_006.jpg
car-pc_027.jpg
car-pc_032.jpg
i have the power inverter mounted on the outside of the enclosure to the right .

haxsaw

Reaction score
ok, this is cool but what did you do fro amonitor and how was that mounted, is the PC tied to any of the trucks electronics?provide more picks..

Mentos

Reaction score
More pictures please. I'd like to do the same car pc. Is there any problems with pci sound card? How did you connect audio system with pccar?
You are really cool.