Hunt for another 95-99 2door!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoke2J's

Reaction score
I'm Matt,
I was getting on here to ask some questions about a build a want to do, I'm selling my 09 Malibu and buying another 2door Tahoe. I really had 92 blazer before. But I want the newer interior this time.

So after I find a good tahoe. The rest of the Malibu sell money will go to the motor. so if I get $9k, and pay $3500 for tahoe. I got $5500.

Now motor choices... 383? well, I could do a lot to that 350 for $5500. But it would eat gas. OK, so I could just build that 350. But what about swaping in a esclade 6.2. I've seen the motors for $4000. I know I would need a 6l80e trans. Or something like that. I know it would cost more. Also I don't know if you can do 4x4 with that trans. I don't want it AWD. It's a waste of gas, and sometimes I want to slide.

Now the reason for wanting the Caddy 6.2 the the fuel econ. The 2010 Esclade gets 14/20 (on paper). Now shave 1800lbs of of it. Do a cold air intake and a mild exhaust for power and sound.

Now it all sounds good in my head but I've never done anything like this. Now I have access to the shops and people that can help me get it done. But I'm looking for someone with knowledge about 6.2s and what it will take to make it work. I assume engine, electronics, transmission, transfer case and drive shafts. Please don't tell me I have to go further than just the drive shafts.

On this Tahoe I would just level the front, run 18" wheels and a terra grappler or similar.

So if someone could let me know how big of a bag of worms I'm opening looking at this 6.2 idea. I could maybe spend $7k on the motor swap if I had to. Could it be done for that?