I am sure someone has done the comparison - LTZ vs. Denali...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hphansen

Reaction score
I looked at both and the deal breaker for me was the headlights.. Sorry Yukon owners, I cant stand the new Yukon lights.. I went with the 07 LTZ..

CutchZ71

Reaction score
I loved the last generation Denali but I couldn't get past the front end or fake wood on the new ones. Went with a Z71 and absolutely love it.

njyukon

Reaction score
Yukon Headlights

hphansen I looked at both and the deal breaker for me was the headlights.. Sorry Yukon owners, I cant stand the new Yukon lights.. I went with the 07 LTZ..

I agree with you, I like the Tahoe Front end better than my yukons too. I only bought the Yukon, cause I got a better deal on it than I did the Tahoe. But after a while of having a Yukon and looking at the front end every day, you start to like it more and more, especially since its alot like the escalade.

But as far as the Denali goes, for the extra money that people pay, and really just for the engine, its not worth it. LTZ vs Denali?? LTZ wins , but LTZ vs SLT-2 would be a better comparison.

Last edited:

GSX-WE4

Reaction score
I bought an LTZ although the Denali would have been my first choice except for that ugly front end design. It'd just personal taste but something just looks "wrong" about the front view of a Denali. Before 07 it was "awesome looking"... but now it's closer to "awful :eek: looking".

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of subtle differences between the 2.....I am with you on the front end thing....I don't like the fact that my headlights on the Denali are my DRL's....I like how the Tahoes have their own mini lights as the DRL's, although I usually roll with the parking lights and fog lights anyway. How come the DRL's aren't the bright turn signals anyway???

- Chrome rims vs. polished aluminum
- Better looking fake wood. :) Sorry Tahoe non Z71 owners, but the fake wood in the Tahoes is hidious looking.
- The leather in the Denali is different than that in the Tahoe
- Bigger, beefier engine
- 6 speed tranny with manual shift mode
- AWD
- 2nd row heated leather seats (is this an option on the Tahoes???)
- Chrome accents; door handles, luggage racks, rear bumper strip
- Color keyed hitch cover

CutchZ71

Reaction score
There are a lot of subtle differences between the 2.....I am with you on the front end thing....I don't like the fact that my headlights on the Denali are my DRL's....I like how the Tahoes have their own mini lights as the DRL's, although I usually roll with the parking lights and fog lights anyway. How come the DRL's aren't the bright turn signals anyway???

- Chrome rims vs. polished aluminum
- Better looking fake wood. :) Sorry Tahoe non Z71 owners, but the fake wood in the Tahoes is hidious looking.
- The leather in the Denali is different than that in the Tahoe
- Bigger, beefier engine
- 6 speed tranny with manual shift mode
- AWD
- 2nd row heated leather seats (is this an option on the Tahoes???)
- Chrome accents; door handles, luggage racks, rear bumper strip
- Color keyed hitch cover

Yes you can get heated 2nd row seating, my Z has the quad seating all heated. Everything comes down to preference and how important certain things are. Have to disagree about the fake wood comparison. Drove an LTZ and didn't like the wood, but the day before I bought my Z I looked at a white Denali and when I saw the wood I thought the LTZ was better looking.

Moularia

Reaction score
well, before coming to the conclusion of sometime in the very near future of buying the z71 tahoe, i was leanning towards the denali, aside from the beefier engine the only thing that had drawn my attention was again the 6spd tranny i mean 390 horses wouldnt hurt either but then again, if i have the urge to fork over some dinero for a speeding ticket i can just aswell take out the zo6 for a spin. thing that sold me the most on the tahoe was the selective 4wd system as opposed to the Awd, and the better fuel economy, plus the 5000-8000k cheaper sticker price.... front end i guess would eventually have grown on me, but then again who would buy a car and expect it to rub its self on you? oh well both are awesome trucks, i guess my likes about the tahoe would be someones dislikes about the tahoe.. we all have our likes and dislikes.

BigBake

Reaction score
Hmmm..

I have to disagree with everyone on here. I bought an 07 denali and think its the best looking truck on the road. I'm 25 years old and I like my cars a little flashy....When I saw the new Yukon's I didnt like them....all the accent parts were black or color matched and I thought it looked really plane..Then I saw the Denali :clapping: I think the front end is siiiick....I love big grills! You could cook steak for the whole family on that thing. I like the big head lights too! I think the Denali's look mean as hell. I love the inside of mine too! THe wood wheel, wood console, two tone leather doors, chrome piping on the speakers...Of course I've modded mine alot....I have so much chrome on the outside of mine I have to wash it with windex! To me a tahoe is a family car....for soccer moms. They're just so boring looking. Not to mention there is a million on the road compared to Denali's....Denali's are bright eyed and smiling....Tahoe's are Flat lipped and squinting....I dunno....I'm into luxury, power, and the wow effect and the Denali has it all. I'm not completely dogging the Tahoe b/c my little brother has one and there cool but like I said I'm flashy and the tahoe cant turn heads like a Denali:fu:

08Tahoe

Reaction score
A couple of questions for you....

Hmmm..

I have to disagree with everyone on here. I bought an 07 denali and think its the best looking truck on the road. I'm 25 years old and I like my cars a little flashy....When I saw the new Yukon's I didnt like them....all the accent parts were black or color matched and I thought it looked really plane..Then I saw the Denali :clapping: I think the front end is siiiick....I love big grills! You could cook steak for the whole family on that thing. I like the big head lights too! I think the Denali's look mean as hell. I love the inside of mine too! THe wood wheel, wood console, two tone leather doors, chrome piping on the speakers...Of course I've modded mine alot....I have so much chrome on the outside of mine I have to wash it with windex! To me a tahoe is a family car....for soccer moms. They're just so boring looking. Not to mention there is a million on the road compared to Denali's....Denali's are bright eyed and smiling....Tahoe's are Flat lipped and squinting....I dunno....I'm into luxury, power, and the wow effect and the Denali has it all. I'm not completely dogging the Tahoe b/c my little brother has one and there cool but like I said I'm flashy and the tahoe cant turn heads like a Denali:fu:

1. What are you doing on a Tahoe forum?
2. What is your lease payment or
3. How much did your daddy pay for the Denali and all your p.i.m.p. mods or
4. What do you 'sell'

BigBake

Reaction score
2. What is your lease payment or
3. How much did your daddy pay for the Denali and all your p.i.m.p. mods or
4. What do you 'sell'

LOL I knew someone was going to hate

1) I searched for ever to find a Denali forum and this is closest thing I could find. I try to find ideas for mods and what not on the net but not to many people are in to it on this forum.
2) I didnt lease it...I bought it and its $675 a mth after my down pmt
3) My daddy didnt pay for anything....my company pays most the note (car allowance) And my wheels and all my extra's pc's its reaching close to $7K
4) After college I moved to Houston and headed a new division of internatioal procurement and sales for a pipe, fitting, and flange manufactorer with the Vice President of a fortune 500 company for a year and now I am Vice President of a trading company that does the exact same thing. So what do I sell??? I sell pipe......probably to your daughter :fu: OH YEA.....she loves my Denali :thumbsup: Dont be mad b/c I made money young. Congratulate me

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Interesting...

LOL I knew someone was going to hate

1) I searched for ever to find a Denali forum and this is closest thing I could find. I try to find ideas for mods and what not on the net but not to many people are in to it on this forum.
2) I didnt lease it...I bought it and its $675 a mth after my down pmt
3) My daddy didnt pay for anything....my company pays most the note (car allowance) And my wheels and all my extra's pc's its reaching close to $7K
4) After college I moved to Houston and headed a new division of internatioal procurement and sales for a pipe, fitting, and flange manufactorer with the Vice President of a fortune 500 company for a year and now I am Vice President of a trading company that does the exact same thing. So what do I sell??? I sell pipe......probably to your daughter :fu: OH YEA.....she loves my Denali :thumbsup: Dont be mad b/c I made money young. Congratulate me

Congrats...but trust me, I make double what you little a$$ makes...and guess what?? I am the VP of a VERY large international O&G company based in Houston...we buy A LOT of what you claim you sell...I will be sure to advise my managers to be on the look out for a snot nosed 25 year old selling ANYTHING related to piping, flanges, fittings, etc. etc. What was the name of your company again? If you like I will forward to all my friends in the industry........btw, have fun at Red Door next weekend...or wherever the hot spot is for young wannabe's in Houston....till they lose everything like you will.....

njyukon

Reaction score
haha

Originally Posted by 08Tahoe

First of all. Read the top of the forum description!! Tahoe/Yukon!

When I saw the new Yukon's I didnt like them....all the accent parts were black or color matched and I thought it looked really plane..Then I saw the Denali I think the front end is siiiick....

And I have a Yukon SLT2 with a denali grill and I can add every other part the denali has except for the motor which I didnt want for gas mielage reasons, so theres really nothing special about the denali vs a Yukon I bet you my front end looks exactly like yours! lol

BigBake

Reaction score
First of all. Read the top of the forum description!! Tahoe/Yukon!

And I have a Yukon SLT2 with a denali grill and I can add every other part the denali has except for the motor which I didnt want for gas mielage reasons, so theres really nothing special about the denali vs a Yukon I bet you my front end looks exactly like yours! lol

You took out the bar goin across your grill with the chevy symbol and changed your headlights? If you did then thats awesome....If you didnt then its just a mesh insert and then it will look nothing like mine.

njyukon

Reaction score
???

How the hell do you make money and go to college if you cant read? My quote is above! READ CAREFULLY!

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Littleblake...

has officially tucked his tail. I would assume his first name is Blake. One more little piece of information to provide my managers. Looking forward to getting some proposals from ya little Blake.... :thumbsup:

BigBake

Reaction score
How the hell do you make money and go to college if you cant read? My quote is above! READ CAREFULLY!

OH!!! LOL!! I'm sorry man. You have a Yukon....Gotcha! Well I guess you could add everything a Denali has....I guess the outside is just grills, chrome side step, chrome door molding, chrome door handles, chrome roof rack, taillights, but the interior is a whole new ballgame

Status
Not open for further replies.