I need a Car!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a car. I'm pretty easy to work with. this is what I'm looking for...

seat 5, under $40K,

So far the two cars that top my list are the Chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi and the Cadillac CTS. any suggestions?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOUR NOT TRADEING YOUR HOE ARE YOU???!!!?!?!?!?!?!

if your just replaceing another car then i would seriously look at the pontiac G8, that thing can MOVE. i test drove one for fun yesterday while waiting for the paperwork on the 07.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping the hoe trading in or selling the "other" suv. I'll look into the G8.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping the hoe trading in or selling the "other" suv. I'll look into the G8.

all the cars your looking at are freakin awsome. another one to look at is the charger, i think the front end has SOME (not alot but some) of the same looks as the tahoe. i like it, says im aggressive stay the hell out of my way or i will crush you. i like that.

if you go the dodge/chrysler route then make sure you get atleast the 5.7 hemi if not the SRT8 6.1 liter.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under $40K gives you a lot of options to look at. What is your primary purpose going to be for the vehicle? Fuel saver, enjoyable weekend drives, etc? Depending on your purpose, there are many different genres of vehicle that fit your description.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wife will be driving it the most. so I need something that can seat five looks sporty/classy (i.e CTS, 300C, G8, charger SRT/8) the only catch is that it has to be a car. I already have two SUV's I don't need a thrid.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first posted this I really wanted somthing with a V8 engine but with gas prices I'll have to settle for a V6 with decent MPG.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first posted this I really wanted somthing with a V8 engine but with gas prices I'll have to settle for a V6 with decent MPG.

well get a 300 with the 3.5 250 hp v-6 then. all the coolness of the car, but the economy of the v-6. AWSOME

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The G8 and CTS are two great looking cars.
You can get a base 08 CTS for about $40. The direct injected 3.6 v6 in the CTS puts out 306 hp. Or you can go a little cheaper and go with the base 3.6 which puts out 255hp if I remember right. My CTS gets about 22-24 mpg mixed and runs great. 5 spd auto trans and rwd platform.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the G8, CTS or the 300. I got a ..... G6 3.5 GT! WTF! hear me out I went to a used car dealership looking for a used CTS or 300 that I could do a straight trade for my Xterra. I found a used 300 for about $12,000 very good looking car (black, w/22's) but once I sat down and talked number they bumped the price to $18000 +tax, title and license and dealer add-ons. I was pissed and walked out there. So I went to another used car and saw this G6 and it was only $11K and they took my trade for $9K the other palce only offer $4k and I wasn't able to sell my it quick enough. so I pull the trigger, this car is great I get about 29 MPG highway with a 3.5 V6! and it is very light and peppy! and I'll pay it off in a month! no more car payment! I love the MPG i went from 13 to 29!

the wife still wants the CTS but this will do until next summer, then I get a used 2008 CTS with the 3.5 Direct injection engine.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats - I drove a G6 GT once and I loved it too. And having no car payment definitely rocks.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The High Feature DOHC 3.6L is an option. Standard GT engine is the old OHV 3.5L, which is no slouch either. Works well in both the G6 and the Malibus that I've driven.

I love how there are tons of power options for the G6 - everything from the base 4-banger Ecotec to the High Feature 3.6 and even the 3900 V6. Too bad they dropped the 6-speed manual transmission.

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I hate being wrong. I guess I just never looked to closely. I was looking at these last year for a new work vehicle and every one that I saw was either the 4 banger or the 3.6. I guess you learn something new every day.