I need your help and opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrAtticus

Reaction score
Hello guys an new to the forum and i have to say you guys have lovely hoe's on this site. I bought my hoe from the dealers about 2 years ago and i haven't had the funds to fix it up the way i want it. But i just got a promotion so i now have the funds :) First of let me say am a 24 year old that knows nothing when it comes to cars (am more of a computer guy) but hopefully that will change soon. The only thing i have been able to buy for my Hoe is new set of shoes, i have 20'' rims on there everything else is totally stock. The first thing i would love to do is lower my ride i want it to look good with my 20'' rims is that possible? or do i need to get 22''? I want to be low to and have a level look to it. i really like the way boostaholic Hoe looks
DSC01485.jpg

this is what mine looks like now
1112080001.jpg

So i guess what am asking is, what do you think would look best when lowering my hoe when i have 20'' rims. And where do i get the lowering kit.

Thank you in advance for all your help.:D

Ralph

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have to agree. Losing some of that gap will make a huge difference. If you like the way Boost's truck looks, then do a 3/5 drop to get a similar stance. And welcome to the site, btw:beerchug:

MrAtticus

Reaction score
Wow, ok thanks for the help guys i guess am going to be doing a 3/5 drop on my Hoe. Is that going to look fine with my tiny 20'' or do i need to get 22'' i would love to stay with my 20'' rims but if they are going to look to small on my hoe i rather get 22'' i just want to do this right. If any of you have pics of 3/5 drop with 20'' rims i would love to see them. And to Omar (or any one that can help)where do i go about finding front bumper cover?

Thank you guys.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 3/5 on 20s in that pic, I've since raised the front up for the winter but it drives waaay nicer than stock. Should look good dropped on 20s, I can't justify anything larger living in denver because of the roads out here. Maybe a different wheel without a lip would look bigger like mine, I just love the look of a powdercoated stock wheel.

MrAtticus

Reaction score
My truck is 3/5 on 20s in that pic, I've since raised the front up for the winter but it drives waaay nicer than stock. Should look good dropped on 20s, I can't justify anything larger living in denver because of the roads out here. Maybe a different wheel without a lip would look bigger like mine, I just love the look of a powder coated stock wheel.

Thank you Boostaholic that is what i need it to hear. That is one sweet ride you have I showed my friends a picture of your car and they went wild. I cant believe that your rims are stock and powder coated, it looks sick dude! I now have another question, am going to pay my friend to lower my ride and i asked him how much he wanted for that job he said "what you think is fair" I don't know what fair would be. How much would you guys charge if you were doing this job, not as a friend helping out another friend but as a job?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the installation and alignment? Depends on the kit really but I'd say a few hundo for everything installed. Maybe $200 for keys and springs with shocks or $300 for spindles. Really depends on how much work he puts into the truck. I just found some factory 20's from an '07 silverado I bought off a good customer of mine when we lifted his truck, black powdercoat and it looks like a totally different wheel.