In The Market...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Niceface

Reaction score
Howdy all from Houston. New to the forum, but not new to Tahoe's. Had a 04 and a 08 LTZ that the wife drove around for several years. We're looking at the new 15' models and I'm on the fence.

This vehicle will be my daily driver (currently driving a Tundra) so I'm looking for a 4x4 that is able to tow a trailer with a jeep on the back. The new Tahoe's make me a bit nervous. While they look extremely nice on the inside, I worry about things like the tiny mirrors, and the huge price tag of these things.

Are they worth the money? What did you all pay, and what can I expect to pay? Here's the build I'm looking at currently.

4 captains chairs in leather,blu ray/blue tooth package/nav, towing package, 4x4, 3.43 gears in the rear axle, and black on black. Thats all I'm really looking at for must haves. I've heard I can get this set up in a LT, so I dont have to pay for the "mag-lev" style steering set up. :whymewhyme:

Any ideas what I should be able to get this thing for, and are you current owners pleased with the new body style?

sharper4

Reaction score
I bought a new one and plan to use it to tow my boat. I have learned that the height difference between this vehicle and my old F150 means that I need to buy a receiver that has a 8 or 9" drop on it. That's a lot more than I expected but it has a Class V hitch and shouldn't have any problems towing the 24' boat. We shall see next week.

horst6059

Reaction score
Mac Haik in Houston has a good selection. We got 1200 miles on ours and so far so good. Should tow a Jeep fine, especially if you get the 3:42 rear.

HoyaTerp

Reaction score
I bought a well equipped 4WD LTZ ($67,625.00 MSRP) for about $62,500.00. I love the vehicle—no regrets.