Interesting Issue for 3/5 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the other day I was driving and when I started to brake I heard this faint squealing. I thought it was the brakes so I pulled of the wheel scuffed up the pads and to no avail it didn't work. Well the squeal started to get worse so i took it to my buddy, he originally thought that it was the abs pump but that wasn't the issue, he tracked back to the drive shaft. I guess with the five inch drop the drive line is rubbing against the seal on the rear axle and it started to squeal. so we greased it up and the sound went away.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

By the way I mentioned that the horn didn't work and to take a look, of course it works when he hits the button! I really hate that!

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone?
Boost I know you are running this low, and no issues?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Mine's sitting a little over 5" lower in the rear and I haven't had any problems. After reading your post, I even went out to take a closer look and it doesn't look like anything is rubbing or too far out of spec anywhere.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found the problem. I recently had the seal on my tranny replaced because it was leaking. I guess when they replaced it they used a different type of seal. There is one that has a collar and one that doesn't, the one with the collar will rub and the other won't. Needless to say problem solved!

z24frank

Reaction score
ok what kit is this to lower your truck that much and how is the quality of your ride now?

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the belltech kit with the drop spindles and the lowering springs. I have the air ride on my denali so that helps alot with the dropping. It rides great, the only issue I have had was the bumpstops, read all the post about the "free travel mod" to see more.