Is any one running E85 ethanol yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like E85. The vehicle has got more power but it goes through a tankfull faster. Prices are not so different right now, about 20 cents a gallon, so the 15 minute drive to fill up is not really worth it much. If prices go back up though I'll be very happy I have it.

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding of this fuel is it will provide a lot less MPG..And the difference in cost will not make using it worth it.If you are not happy with MPG now use a tank or 2 of that stuff :eek:

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This worries me, if I have a FlexFuel capable engine but only run 87 octane, things oughta work out properly right? My current Yukon is not FlexFuel but I've always just burned 87 in it.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
His testimony put some doubts in my head about E85, but why would GM market something that is an engineered disaster?, that wouldn't make sense.
I don't think GM would be wanting to replace engines because of that so maybe there is newer technology that would truly allow E85, but after hearing his story, I gotta say I have some doubts if I want to run E85.