Just SeaFoamed the Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy as pie. Put in about a third bottle into the booster line the rest into the gas tank. Wow, already feels smoother after gassing it up a bit, engine seems to clean out quick, we'll see how she does on the road. Doing the wife's Audi tonight.

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice.. i was happy with my results after foaming the hoe. what model audi does your wife have? my woman was looking at Audi's too.

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, after I seafoamed the truck ran so much smoother and better. The smoke out the tail pipe was cool too.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna mess with the Audi tonight, that booster hose is affixed in a way I would end up gorrilla hosing the deal and breaking it off. She can have the shop do it on her next service. I took off the engine cover and saw a way to get in there, but I'd need a piece of hose flexible enough to get the fluid in there.

On the Tahoe, man, it doesn't get any easier.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna mess with the Audi tonight, that booster hose is affixed in a way I would end up gorrilla hosing the deal and breaking it off. She can have the shop do it on her next service. I took off the engine cover and saw a way to get in there, but I'd need a piece of hose flexible enough to get the fluid in there.

On the Tahoe, man, it doesn't get any easier.

Any pointers or instructions ..pics?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pointers or instructions ..pics?

Yeah, it's this easy, get a shallow cup that will hold a third of the SeaFoam, pop your hood and look at the back firewall on the right, the big round thing, that's your brake booster, there's an intake hose clamped onto the left front, take that off, start the truck, sip the SeaFoam with the hose, don't stuff it in the SeaFoam, when it's gone, go ahead and shut off the truck.

Wait five minutes and start her up, I revved into the 3000 range and whomped the throttle a few times, until the smoke cleared.

Your done.

Taka listen to your engine as you sit in it with the door and hood open, then compare that to after you SeaFoam, it's pretty cool.

There are SeaFoam videos on YouTube.com plenty of them. A guy doing his Jetta on the first search page was pretty simple for a video. I checked a few videos before going out and just doing it.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I don't think it hurts anything. I'd probably do it every six months or so, depending on mileage and performance.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this just another tune up in a can or like a legit product? I have the mechanical capabilities of doing this but is it advisory? Whats the con I guess?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works, but then I just did it for the first time. When you go to the auto parts store the guy at the counter will say "ahhhh the magic" or something like that, knowing you too have found a secret and will nod in approval. Can't hurt to try it out, honest, what's six bucks? I have put it in old motorcycles and to store small engines over the winter or my snow blower in the summer, and all my engines seem to run like a champ. Give it a shot, really, this takes no time at all, the booster line is easy to get to and remove, once it sips up the sauce, you are basically done.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is used to clean the TB correct? my idle has been rough lately so i think im gonna try it out:yesnod:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is used to clean the TB correct? my idle has been rough lately so i think im gonna try it out:yesnod:

No, this isn't really a TB cleaner. Generally this is sucked in through a vacuum hose after the TB.

To clean the TB, by some TB Specific cleaner at your auto parts store.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll giver a shot tomorrow then. So just pull the hose out of the grommet on the left of the brake fluid container looking aft? Seems easy enough.