Just SeaFoamed the Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the black rubber hose on the left side of the throttle body. It sucked down almost the can, then sat for about 10 - 15 minutes. started it up, ran for maybe 10 minutes, nothing. drove it, nothing. not a puff of smoke.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the black rubber hose on the left side of the throttle body. It sucked down almost the can, then sat for about 10 - 15 minutes. started it up, ran for maybe 10 minutes, nothing. drove it, nothing. not a puff of smoke.

If you followed this posting you would notice that there are two different setups engine wise. I posted one , wrenchguy and a couple others ..try to see which one you have and go from there ..cause on mine the hose was on the right side looking at the engine under the plastic cover bout 6 back from the TB

it was a little angle hose just above the plugs

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, on the other thread they mention the possibility of hydrolock. How easy is that to do? I really don't need to bend a rod.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, on the other thread they mention the possibility of hydrolock. How easy is that to do? I really don't need to bend a rod.

Possible but extremely unlikely if you follow the procedures outlined here. About the only way do do it would be to dunk your PCV/booster line all the way into the can and let the engine suck a ton of straight fluid.

As long as you let the engine "slurp" the liquid (meaning it's taking both air and fluid in through the hose), and back off a little when it starts to idle rough, you'll be fine. Let is sit for 30 minutes, and viola. Thats what I did on my yuke, and the results were impressive. I wouldn't worry about hydrolock, you'd have to be extremely irresponsible with this stuff to pull that off.

chaileyk5

Reaction score
i did mine sat. morning. 1/3 can in the tank, 1/3 in the crank, 1/3 in the booster line. little bit of smoke, but the idle is a lot better.

as long as you take your time, and 'sip' it, you wont have any problems.

for $6 a can, its a hell of a deal

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do it man, really it's not tough at all to git er done. Honest, it takes five minutes to do, sip the SeaFoam, if you chug it it just kills the engine, just sip it and be done with it. I am about to dump some in my crankcase before my next oil change, then foam it again and dump a can in the tank for a full hat trick.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'll do the intake although I still don't know about the crankcase. Even if you change it you don't flush it entirely so there will still be a little solvent in there when you add the new oil, I mean I guess it's okay, lots of guys do it, but it makes me nervous.

JRB07

Reaction score
I used the sea foamed stuff this week end, it was cool to see all that smoke coming out the exhaust, some neighbor drove buy and kept pointing at my truck saying some thing was wrong I could not stop laughing cuz he looked all worried lol, well any ways what exactly was I cleaning when i used the sea foamed thing? And what dose the Deep Creep clean? Is it some thing different or what? And I got a question for you guys, when I start up the hoe for work in the morning it fires up great, but lets say I stop at the store on the way to work it wont start up the same, some times it takes a lil gas to start it up, so iv noticed if I go some where and leave it cooling down for bout an hour or longer (the longer the better start up) it start up good again, but if I don’t it has problems stating up, any ideas in to what's wrong with my baby? Lol thanks guys

Last edited:

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a couple of picture of my setup. can anyone tell which hose is right. i used the one that i am pointing to.

Attachments

• P5200019.JPG
    P5200019.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 24
  • P5200020.JPG
    P5200020.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 29
  • P5200021.JPG
    P5200021.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 23
  • P5200022.JPG
    P5200022.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 24
  • P5200023.JPG
    P5200023.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 24

99TAHOE22'S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just seafaomed my hoe what an ass load of smoke but man i but some in the oil to it sounds so much more crisper and throatyer if thats a word lol

01Tahoe

Reaction score
Look on page two of this thread, I posted pics of my 01 and the hose. Works like a champ, I am dumping it into my crankcase today before an oilchange this week.

The hose location on the '05's are different than the '01's.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did mine sat. morning. 1/3 can in the tank, 1/3 in the crank, 1/3 in the booster line. little bit of smoke, but the idle is a lot better.

as long as you take your time, and 'sip' it, you wont have any problems.

for $6 a can, its a hell of a deal

i also got a very small amount of smoke. i used maybe a tad bit less than a 1/3 of a can because i was kinda skeptical about the whole thing. first i let it idle for about 15min to warm it up, then i put a 3rd of the can in and turned the engine off. after that i let it sit for 20mins before starting it again. also i put the rest of the can in the tank but when i started it, it only smoked alittle for about 2mins. did i not use enough or let it sit long enough? anyway, im going to do it again in about a 2 weeks.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after about a week of driving it i can really tell the diff at mid to high speeds. it responds oh so much better now especially when i hit it to pass. the sound is a tad bit better. im gonna try it again this weekend and im also gonna try it on my polaris predator when i get it out the shop. has anyone ever did the seafoaming on an atv. do it go in through the crankcase breather tube?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Seafoam Deep Creep sprayed inside the TB let sit fire away? I wanna do that next cuz I seen in there...lol