LED tail lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED tail lights. UPDATED WITH PICTURES

What do you all think about this LED tail lights.. I just place an order for a set.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-CHEVY-GMC-SUBURBAN-YUKON-DENALI-G3-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQihZ020QQitemZ300182502218QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

12/25/07 Pictures added.
*NOTE I had some fitment issues that got fixed after I trim the suporting post and replace the original bolts... also the blinking lights flast faster.. it seams that the load resistors on both units do not work properly. They do look great.. I will keep you posted in regards to the blinking issue..

01/02/07 UPDATE
I been in comunication with K2 Motorsports and let me tell you that customer service $UK. Their finaly responded until i posted my concers with Paypal requesting a refund but their initial responce was they where sorry this units where missing the proper load resistors and did not offer any type of solutions or help. I then replay asking if they would send additional missing resistors and they answer by stating.. load resisotrs would not fix blinking lights on my dash board?? WTF?? it seams that they dont have a clue of what is wrong with the product they are selling.. At this point until further dispute with them I would highly recomend not to buy from them or not to buy this product from anyone at all until this load resistors issue is fix.

Attachments

• tahoe 274.jpg
    tahoe 274.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 92
  • tahoe 285.jpg
    tahoe 285.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 82
  • tahoe 284.jpg
    tahoe 284.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
  • tahoe 286.jpg
    tahoe 286.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 77
  • tahoe 279.jpg
    tahoe 279.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like those alot! lemme know how they fit and look... those look more like the escalade cause the turn signal is also LED unlike the other aftermarket ones with the amber turn at the bottom... pics when you get them

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not IPCW that I can see, but they look nice! :) Right off the bat, I can see one difference between my IPCWs and these are there are 3 columns of lights as opposed to just 2 w/ mine... That's cool...the more lights, the merrier!!! ;)

Anyway, for those interested, here they are from the actual K2 site:

www.k2motor.com

As for the amber turn signal @ the bottom of other aftermarkets, my LEDs don't have that, so not sure what you're referring to. There's a reflector just above the reverse light, that's about it. But the IPCWs I purchased are really really nice. Sets the Hoe off quite impressively! Wonder how these K2s will look... As uofmz71 stated, post pics when installed!!! :yesnod:

Last edited:

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These look interesting, Getwired is a member on here with IPCW LED tailight. I like his layout, but post some pics of yours, it would be very interesting to compare the two sets of tailights.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...it would be very interesting to compare the two sets of tailights.

For those who are impatient, here are some quick pic references to IPCWs that we own that I think do justice to our product (good examples of other members w/ them installed) and the new K2s. Check out the links:

smughead pics

rockrawler pic

rockrawler pic

You can click the links above to compare the differences between those and the K2s (link) below:

K2 LED Tails

:thumbsup:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely post some pics and let us know if there are any fitment issues. I like those a lot.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Escalade tails with matching Esky appliques and went thru all the rewiring process myself. Looking at the new generation of K2's I wish I would have went that route. Would have saved both a ton of time and money for virtually the same modification.

The K2's have 3 vertical row of lights like the Esky's. IPCWs only have 2 rows and the oval reflector which I think should go away. The K2 appears to have a full height vertical reflector strip.

The K2's also have a full row of side LED markers (see the link that has it the LED's coming on from Hof above). The Esky tails only have 4 leds for side markers.

Nice job K2 on this 2nd gen light. The first gen wasn't a winner to me.

Pic below is Esky tails for comparison before the ventcaps where switched out.

tails3.jpg

Last edited:

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i saw there sample 6 months ago on this tail light and i new it was going to be a hit. there smoked and clear and black versions will be out shortly.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those red K2 LED tails look pretty nice. I don't care much for the chrome ones though... Links to my IPCW tails and pics are in my sig below... Also, FWIW, the oval reflector within the IPCW light does NOT light up on the ruby-red tails. There is at least one IPCW model that has the amber-colored oval reflectors (rockrawler has 'em).

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look nice and were cheaper than my IPCW's. I like the LED marker lights on the side as well. IPCW's just use the standard light bulb for the side marker. I would love to see a set of these in Black. The reflectors really don't show up that much on my truck, only when a camera flashes them!

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no pics yet... they should arrived by tomorrow or monday ... pics will be posted soon.....

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the lights today... i can say out of a 10 you can give them an 8.... fitment is not all their.. and im not sure if i did something wrong but both turn lights blink faster than normal.. did i recieved two defective load recistance? or is their a trick to make then blink right? I will post pics tomorrow.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More Pics

Attachments

• tahoe 287.jpg
    tahoe 287.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 34
  • tahoe 281.jpg
    tahoe 281.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 32
  • tahoe 283.jpg