LED turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my front parking light/ turn signal bulb with an LED bulb. When I put on my 4way flashers it blinks fine, but when I turn on the left or right turn signal it flashes real fast. Has anyone else had tis problem and if you have how do you fix it and will it hurt anything with the way it is now?
Thanks

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its like that because LED bulbs have a really low voltage consumption, so when you put them on a cars tail lights, stop lamps and turn signals outlet the cars computer will think the bulb is either dead or not their at all, so then it gives out quick signals to inform the owner that the bulb is dead but its not in your case, so all you have to do is install a load equalizer in the positive wire of the bulbs wiring to correct this quick signal problem.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will this work with my 07 Denali?
GM ELECTRONIC LED FLASHER BLINKER FIX W/CLICK SOUND

V-LEDS Part ID: EP29L
# In Package 1 Piece

$16.59

Qty:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. SHIPPING RATES First Item Each
Additional
Base Rate $3.79 $.50
USPS Priority $6.79 $.50
UPS Ground $6.79 $.50
UPS 2nd Day Air $18.79 $.50
UPS Standard Overnight $34.79 $1.50

Click here for international shipping rates.

Turn Signal Fix
This 12 V, 30 Watt Electronic Flasher replaces your standard thermal flasher. This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing, or burnt out bulb indications.

Standard Features
Eliminates the need for load resistors
Makes a clicking sound when flashing

Used for GM Vehicles

Simple Plug N' Play installation
Measures 3cmx3cm 1-1/8"x1-1/8"

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those will def. work for you but they're alot more expensive than others but easier to install because their plug and play, these http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm would work just as good but are only about $5 a piece, but involve splicing and wire cutting unlike your $16 plug-and-play model. Keep in mind both models of these Load Equalizers get as HOT as regular Iridescent bulbs and will most likely mess up any plastics them come in contact with so install them safely.

dbecker63

Reaction score
Occurred after two years

I have LED lights My left turn signal suddenly started to blink fast. Would this problem occur after two years of use?

I have checked the connections and voltage and everything appears to be fine. Having no problems with the right blinker. Brake lights function normal.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the freak is the flasher / turn relay? GMT900 Yukon Denali

Help! Cannot locate flasher relay in fuse block. Hear the clicking -- where the freak is it?!?!? Sounds like it's coming from inside the block. Is this relay built-in or something? Also, there's an empty 3114 relay socket, with no description on the underside of the cover. :cuss:

Am I just being dense -- cannot find the dang relay...geesh. Somebody hep meh!

Denali132 -- what was your fix, and where/how did you install? I need to get my front LED turns workin...

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to think turns / relay function is in BCM and not accessible.

Guess I'll need load resistors. CRAP. That means I'll have to tear off the front end because there's no flippin room to do that from the back side. GM really ticks me off sometimes. :mad2:

Or, I'm just a dolt, and it's totally obvious and I've missed it!

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back to the normal light for my turn signals. I was tired of them flashing so fast, it was weird because when I put on my 4 way flashers they worked the right way, not sure why they work on 4 way and not with the turn signals. I want to go back and put and put ly LEDS back in so let me know how you fix yours

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stayed with the stockers here. Too much of a pain to install the load resistors, and the incandescent stock bulbs are much brighter than the LEDs anyway... For now, unless someone comes out with an integrated load resistor LED bulb or something, I'm sticking with my stockers.

EverettH

Reaction score
does anyone know which wires to link the resistors up to? i tried the green and black that didnt work. This harness has 4 wires going to the turn signal lamp.

EverettH

Reaction score
Hyperflash / Resistor Installation

Nevermind, I figured it out. For all of you who were having issues with the resistors situation. Depending upon you wiring harness you should splice the resistor parallel with the green and black wires that run from the turn signal lamp bulb. It will have 4 wires running from it 2 - brown for which one runs to the park lamp (small bulb) and 2 - Black of which one also runs to the park lamp and 1 - Green. You tape the green and the black wire that does not run tot he Park lamp. No More Hyperflash.

Av3553

Reaction score
I get the same thing on my 2015 Tahoe! I cannot locate the blinker module so that I can replace it with an LED relay! Any luck in locating the blinker module???