Leveling My '02 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to lower my Tahoe in the rear to level it out with the front. My question is, do I need to lower it 2" or 3" inches to do this? I still have my bumper and spare in the back and plan on keeping them. If I end up going with just a 2" drop, do I still need the shock extenders like with the 3" drop? I'm still contemplating a 2/3 drop, but am leaning towards just leveling the rear since this is my DD and I have another ride to play around with. Thanks for the help!

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't I just get 3" rear springs/shock extenders and crank down my current keys to get that drop?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for the 3/5, I love mine
DSC01485.jpg

Still plenty of clearance, and it looks better than a 2/3 drop IMO.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought a Belltech 2/3 kit on Ebay yesterday. I got a good deal on it and decided that I'd go ahead and do it. Pics of it to come once I get my Tahoe back from paint and I have a chance to install it.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely will. It's been at the paint shop having work done for the past month. I hope to have it done in the next few weeks. Fresh paint and lots of color matching and shaving in the works. One day I'll get around to posting pics of that project also.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Where are you getting it painted? I still need to drop off my SS bumper and roll pan. And when the insurance cuts me a check from the accident the other day, I'll need a good place to drop it off. My paint and body guy I used to go to moved and opened another business out of state.
And post some pics of your trucks if you get a chance bro. Laters.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting it painted? I still need to drop off my SS bumper and roll pan. And when the insurance cuts me a check from the accident the other day, I'll need a good place to drop it off. My paint and body guy I used to go to moved and opened another business out of state.
And post some pics of your trucks if you get a chance bro. Laters.

PM sent