Lift Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the next project on my list for my truck before I get new wheels in the spring is to lift it. I had a couple of questions regarding this process. I do not want to spend thousands on a 6" suspension lift, I can't justify spending that much money right now. My question is, if I buy a 3" body lift, and 3" Torsion Keys, will that essentially give me 6" of lift?

These are what I am looking at:
Body lift: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM-7812300
Torsion Keys: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...m245&_trkparms=65:7|39:1|240:1318#ht_2463wt_0

If this won't work, are there any other ways of achieving close to 6" of lift without a full blow suspension lift kit?

Thanks for the help,
Dan

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally hate body lifts, and it seems to me that cranking 3 inches out of your torsion bars isn't the best idea either. It is going to put a lot of stress on all of your front end components.
Now, i did the $950 6 inch RCX lift and its not that bad. I am sure Fabtech and everything is better, but i havent had any issues with my Rouch Country kit.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice is drop a little cash on a 6" suspension lift, you will be much happier and the truck will look and ride better. Cranking torsion bars put a lot of stress on the front end

Trip

Reaction score
:iagree:

Definitely spend the extra bucks for a 6inch kit, you will like it sooooo much better. If you did decide to crank in your torsion bars, the insides of your front tires will wear out extremely fast due to the camber being out of whack. The axle half shafts would also bug out on you fast do to a high pitch angle from the front diff to the spindle hubs. I have the RCD 6inch lift with a 2inch body lift, and 35inch Mickey T's fit perfect with no rub. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone with the Procomp lift instead of the RCD. The spindle type lift (RCD) requires aftermarket wheels with 4inch+ back-spacing which inturn adds strain on the upper ball joints resulting in faster wear and tear. Just my 'lil two cents, hope it helps a bit.

Cheers!
:beerchug: