lifted yukon?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lazyd

Reaction score
i have a yukon slt with 6inch fabtech susp lift. i bought it with the lift on it and 35's. i got her about a year ago have some basic mods in mind such as an e fan upgrade and corvette servo as well as bigger injectors and maf upgrade. but the truck does not feel stable while driving. every once in a while it pulls hard right or left. i dont know if the guy who i bought it from installed the kit correctly or not but was wondering how difficult would it be to swap out the lift for short drop like a leveling kit or something close?

lazyd

Reaction score
well the wife has just informed me that she wants it to stay lifted i guess no drop. oh well.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your alignment checked.

I would agree with this...though most of the alignment issues I've experienced have involved the truck pulling one way or the other, NOT both ways. Good place to start though.

Other than that, take it to a local reputable 4x4 shop and have them give the lift kit a once-over. Was it preofessionally installed in the first place, or did the guy you bought it from do it himself?

lazyd

Reaction score
i did get an alignment done about 6months ago still no luck might have to take it in to someone who knows what they looking at

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I'd do. Better to have some experienced eyes looking at it as opposed to driving it around until something breaks.

scott99zx6r

Reaction score
Steering Stabilizer ;) Also you might want to go over all of the bolts for the lift and retorque them. They tend to loosen up over time.

yukon6inchlift

Reaction score
after i did my 6" bds lift on my 99 took it right to the shop for alignment. they said had 2 bad tierod ends. i had just changed them 1 week before and only drove home from buddies and to algn shop. they showed me them, they was bad. soon as got truck aligned it pulled both ways. very loose. took it back and bitched. i think it was a caster issue. was not steering box, i checked. what ever they did fixed it till the upper ball joints failed. maybe 3 wks. then pitman, idler, and the other two tierod ends. maybe a month or 2. umpteen million alignments later they say it cant be aligned because now my bfg mud 315s are wore in such a way that the truck will pull different ways depending on where which tire is.

bottom line,,,if ur gonna lift and put big tires on an ifs,,plan on lots of front end parts, good ones, a bunch of alignments, and new tires often.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^i would say there is something wrong with your truck my friend. (yukon6inchlift)

Anyways, I would check to make sure some components like sway bars front and rear are still hooked up as well.

yukon6inchlift

Reaction score
^^i would say there is something wrong with your truck my friend. (yukon6inchlift)

Anyways, I would check to make sure some components like sway bars front and rear are still hooked up as well.

yep, i bought cheap parts from advanced auto first time. sway bars are hooked up, dont see how that could affect alignment. the only thing wrong is i took it off road,,, anyone that wheels off road will tell you that chevy front ends are junk!!!!!! i should have put a ford straight axle under it, more and more people are doing it. the ifs 4x4s are only for getting groceries in the snow.