Looking for an ideal box and subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaquealaskan

Reaction score
What's going on Tahoe Forums, I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe 4 door, and I'm looking to run a good box and some subs, I've normally driven trucks that were single cab so I knew what they were use to running. Anyway I plan to push anywhere from 5000 to 8000 watts. I keep hearing from people I should run 10's, some say a few 12s and a person even told me to run 1 15.

I figured I'd turn to some other Tahoe owners and see what pushes pretty hard in there ride, I dont wanna do it sloppy and I pretty much wanna make sure my system DUMPS loud and crisp.

Thanks for your time.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking For An Idea Box

WoW 8,000 Watts hu.. Sounds like you are looking to build a pretty extreme system..

What type of bass or what type of music do you listen to?

10 will give you faster bass 15 will give you longer bass..

I have had many different setups ranging from 1 10 - 8 12's A good friend of mine had 6 15's

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much space are you wanting to take up? Are you prepared to bring the pain with electrical? That much power you're in it for 2 alternators and multiple runs of wire, at least 3+ batteries.