lowering kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daxz

Reaction score
i just bought a 2/3 tortion bar and spring DJM suspension kit too lower it.... is there anything else that would be vital to buy when im putting it on?

i was just told this kit will do what im looking for but am worried that i might not of bought all the right parts because of my lack of exp. in the subject soo help would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks to everyone in advanced :) BTW JK your truck is sick :)

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
You will need the shock extenders if you plan on using your OEM shocks. Also if you are dropping your truck yourself, you might want to invest in a 7.5 ton gear puller. I just purchased one from SEARS and when my shock extenders come in, I'm droppin my bitch.

daxz

Reaction score
yeah the kit came with them was just makeing sure there wasnt anything i was missing :)

ill put some pics up after my screen is finished molding and its lowered will probably be a week or 2 so cant wait :)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
There's really not much to a 2/3 drop with our trucks. If you have new keys, lower springs, and shock extension brackets OR shorter shocks, then you're good to go. Like Sepiroth said, if you plan on installing it yourself, you'll need a torsion bar clamp or heavy duty puller to remove and install the keys. But there's a lot of tension so you have to be careful not to break or snap off some fingers. And don't forget to have it re-aligned after you drop it. Post some pics when you get her done.
BTW, 'preciate the compliment:thumbsup: