Magnaflow Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diffrnt

Reaction score
Sounds great, doesn't it? And it only gets better over time..... It's spring time here in northern Virginia - temps are comfortable - so it's time to bring down the passenger side windows and listen to the rumble!

I know what you mean. I live in MS and the weather is nice and sunny already. I went with dual outs so I can hear the rumble on either side ;).

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you guys talking about when you speak of a "drone"???

diffrnt

Reaction score
what are you guys talking about when you speak of a "drone"???

It’s like a constant humming from the muffler that you hear on the inside of the truck. A lot of people say they hear a drone around the 70 – 75 mph mark and I also hear it around this mark. It doesn’t bother me and it goes away if you go above or below this mark. Hope this helps.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s like a constant humming from the muffler that you hear on the inside of the truck. A lot of people say they hear a drone around the 70 – 75 mph mark and I also hear it around this mark. It doesn’t bother me and it goes away if you go above or below this mark. Hope this helps.

yah my tahoe is a city driver, i live on an island and our town is very small, so i dont see the highway much at all. i think the fast my truck gets up to on a weekly basis is 60mph, IF THAT.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered

Yes, it was a direct replacement - if you poke around on Magnaflow's web site you can find the part number for that direct replacement. I think I paid $98 for mine from Summit racing so you might check there first. 1 pipe in - 2 out - made NO changes other than the muffler.

Good luck!

The same muffler and i was wondering if you needed extra pipe or it fit perfect because it is only 20in and the stock is 24in.
And did you use muffler clamps or weld.
Thanks in advance!

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got mine installed about 2 weeks ago, but my truck has a 6.0 I can really hear on the inside when I am accelerating. I have to be almost off the gas completely to not hear anything. So in other words the wife hates it. I think its ok but any Ideas if it will go away after a couple miles. oh and mine was a dual in and single out. the denali's have dual in and out but a Y after the muffler to make it a single. does anyone have this issues where its too loud?

diffrnt

Reaction score
Ok I got mine installed about 2 weeks ago, but my truck has a 6.0 I can really hear on the inside when I am accelerating. I have to be almost off the gas completely to not hear anything. So in other words the wife hates it. I think its ok but any Ideas if it will go away after a couple miles. oh and mine was a dual in and single out. the denali's have dual in and out but a Y after the muffler to make it a single. does anyone have this issues where its too loud?

IMO, it is not loud at all. But that is subjective. What I think is not loud maybe loud to someone else. Maybe you can put a resonator in to quiet things a bit.

6liter

Reaction score
I have the magnaflow cat back and it's quiet at cruise but if you give some go it sounds sweet.Inside you can only hear during accelleration but once you ease up on the throttle to cruise it almost unheard.I have a Denali aswell with dual 3 inch in and 3.5 out to a 4 inch tip.Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you change it you gonna sell me the old one?

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure about changing it just yet, if i do ill be sure to post it but in the mean time ill wait to see if it quiets down or if i get use to it either way I like that it wont rust so I know it will last for long time and a bonus is i got about another mile/galllon out of it

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool no problem but just so that you know it wont get quiter it will get louder as you use it so your gonna have to get used to it

im not sure about changing it just yet, if i do ill be sure to post it but in the mean time ill wait to see if it quiets down or if i get use to it either way I like that it wont rust so I know it will last for long time and a bonus is i got about another mile/galllon out of it

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed mine thursday and it is the sh*t.
Love the deep throaty tone and noticed a decent power boost around 2000 rpms.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow cat back and it's quiet at cruise but if you give some go it sounds sweet.Inside you can only hear during accelleration but once you ease up on the throttle to cruise it almost unheard.I have a Denali aswell with dual 3 inch in and 3.5 out to a 4 inch tip.Wouldn't trade it for anything.

i love my magnaflow as well! i have custom bent piping though. the kits just didnt do it for me. but the sound is not too edgy but you can really get on it and then everyone knows you've done some work to the truck. I LOVE IT!

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear great thing about the magnaflow now I know what everyone means that it mellows out after 500 miles or so. Its louder on the outside now but not inside as it was before. like everyone says its quite on the inside when cruising or at idle but when you give it a little gas you definetly know its there. Best 250.00 i ever spent!

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intermittant backfiring

I have had my Magnaflow now for about 2 months and recently I have been experiencing some intermittant backfiring. Doesn't seem to be related to a misfire, just an intermittant "popping" sound. Anyone experience this or have any suggestions as to what to look for?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Magnaflow now for about 2 months and recently I have been experiencing some intermittant backfiring. Doesn't seem to be related to a misfire, just an intermittant "popping" sound. Anyone experience this or have any suggestions as to what to look for?

Its probably normal. When does it pop? During revs or just from decceleration in every day driving?

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mostly right after decelerating to a stop (as at a traffic light or stop sign)

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mostly right after decelerating to a stop (as at a traffic light or stop sign)

My muffler wont ever pop (at least I cant hear it) during every day driving and deceleration. I only get popping after a quick free-rev. But you did mention having your resonator removed. I'm not familiar with them but maybe that had an effect. Also, since your muffler has been broken into overtime, it will be easier for it to pop.