Mcgaughy 3/5 Kit On 2001 Yuk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FU-MEGA

Reaction score
GOOD MORNING FELLAS. I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM. I BOUGHT A MCGAUGHYS 3/5 LOWERING KIT FOR MY YUKON, AND I AM HAVING A HELL OF A TIME WITH THE INSTALL.
THE ISSUE I AM HAVING IS WITH THE TORSION BARS. I INSTALLED THE KEYS AND CLOCKED THE KEYS USING THE TORSION BAR TOOL. I FOUND THAT THERE IS ONLY TWO POSTIONS THAT THE KEYS CAN BE AT WHEN USING THE TOOL. 4 & 8 OCLOCK AND 3 & 9 OCLOCK POSTIONS. I TRIED BOTH. 4/8 POSTION GIVES ME A HUGE GAP IN BETWEEN TIRE AND FENDER...LIKE 10" AND THE 3/9 POSTION WEDGES THE TIRES ALL THE WAY UP IN THE WHEEL WELLS. IM NOT QUITE UNDERSTANING WHY...????. I ADJUSTED THE BOLTS ON THE ADJUSTER IN BOTH SETTING AND IT DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. WHAT AM I MISSING GUYS? IM RUNNIN 22" WHEELS ON 285/45/22 SO I SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM. OH, AND YES THE TORSION BARS ARE ON THE PROPER SIDES :thumbsup: ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could take some pictures i can probally help. you should be able to adjust the torscion bars from lowest to highest. there shouldnt be two definate levels. hit up some pics and I can help troubleshoot...sorry Im not around or I would take a drive over.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooohhh.... I get what your saying....the key goes on the bar either too low or too high...its not an adjustment issue (yet) ..did you take the bars out during install?

FU-MEGA

Reaction score
yeah......i took them off, then some one came by the shop and took them. so now i have some i took off a tahoe.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they might be different. make sure the correct ends are where they need to be.

Bump...anyone?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have the tbars off, I always mark where they were before removing them for installation of the keyways. Really shouldn't be this difficult to get fixed, double check and see if you have the bars in the proper place otherwise it's gonna be a trial and error process. Sorry I can't be of more help but it really shouldn't be this difficult, I did my first set of keys in about 20min by myself. Maybe search around online and see if anyone has an installation diagram to look at. Best of luck to ya dude.

FU-MEGA

Reaction score
found out what the issue was. the cat i got the torsion bars from gave me the wrong set of bars. he gave me bars off a late 90's tahoe not the ones off the 2001 tahoe. but now i have the right bars and the truck looks great. thanks for your replies.:thumbsup:

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found out what the issue was. the cat i got the torsion bars from gave me the wrong set of bars. he gave me bars off a late 90's tahoe not the ones off the 2001 tahoe. but now i have the right bars and the truck looks great. thanks for your replies.:thumbsup:

Got any pics?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt know late 90's hoes used torsion bars. I would like to see how much lower it took the truck. Although im sure it would ride like sh*t.