Might as well start if off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's not a whole lot of off road here in Milwaukee, but i drove up north to go snowmobiling over new years and once you get up there, they stop plowing the roads. I had some fun with that. As I was driving up every mile or so there would be another car stuck in a ditch on the side of the highway. Was a little surprised to see an 01-02 burban stuck.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and then my girlfriend got pissed because I was fooling around in 2WD so she reached over and hit the 4WD hi button while I was slippin around and I'm pretty sure she might owe me a new transfer case, and is now limited to the backseat or trunk.

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switching to 4wd on the fly should not have hurt anything. If yours is anything like mine, in Auto 4wd it will engage all by it self. I've had it engage and disengage at posted speeds. Don't let her in the back seat, you life will be hell.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah she definitley could've snapped a U joint, burned out something big time but also your driveshaft or 4WD computer or components could be damaged. you should only engage and disengage under 40mph in 4wd

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah just because it says on the fly you can still tear some stuff you if you don't hit it under NORMAL driving conditions.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines a 96 so i dont have the auto feature, which i really miss. the important thing is that you dont switch over while the tires are spinning, but, i havnt noticed anything wrong yet

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's best to just leave her at home, in the backseat like you said or in a cage. I trained my girl to not touch any of those important buttons...and she doesn't like it when you fool around with the truck? damn! its your truck, these were designed for FUN!....handcuffs work great!

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, at least you know about the storm that I'm talking about. I could be thinking of something completely different, but is the powerwagon the same as a ramcharger?

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on which era you are referring to. But mostly, Power Wagon was a tag used on Dodge/Plymouth/DeSoto/and Fargo 4x4 pick-ups. Some Ramchargers used it too.

The Ramcharger was the 2 door SUV like a Bronco/Blazer, earlier ones had the removable roof, too!