MPG question for Yukon or Tahoe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithrep

Reaction score
Hey I have a serious question for you guys. I am in medical sales and need an SUV to carry some of my products. I also have a 17" boat and my wife has a medium size pull behind RV. I am looking at a used 05 Yukon and also a used 05 Grand Cherokee. I think both will be able to pull what I need but my question is on MPG. I know I shouldn't (and don't) expect too much with the SUV, but what are you guys getting with your Yukons or Tahoes? Oh, it isn't the XL but the regular Yukon. THanks!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a serious question for you guys. I am in medical sales and need an SUV to carry some of my products. I also have a 17" boat and my wife has a medium size pull behind RV. I am looking at a used 05 Yukon and also a used 05 Grand Cherokee. I think both will be able to pull what I need but my question is on MPG. I know I shouldn't (and don't) expect too much with the SUV, but what are you guys getting with your Yukons or Tahoes? Oh, it isn't the XL but the regular Yukon. THanks!

you will be happier with the yukon IMO as the engine will pull your 17 (foot right, you said inch, and a prius will tow that)

yukon will hold more people comfortable, and feel more sturdy on the road.

i average about 12mpg when towing. when not towing i get about 16 mpg i tow a 5000 pound boat.