My new 02 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Tahoe Forum. No suggestions other that to thoroughly check it out. Good Luck.

02TahoeBoy

Reaction score
It's in good shape, it was my grandma's and she took care of it. I am not to familiar with the truck but i know it's fully loaded and has the 5.3 liter motor, but not 4wd. What model is that the lt or Lt or the Ls? Thanks :)

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LT & LS were just trim levels. Check for a front differential to see if 4WD. Or look for the 4WD switch inside.

02TahoeBoy

Reaction score
It's 2wd. I can't physically look at it yet it's in the florida keys waiting for me to drive it home to new jersey...Nice way to get used to the truck, 1500 mile road trip. All I know about the truck as far as trim goes is that it has the highest package and is a 2wd with the 5.3 liter V8. I have a decent knowledge about cars/trucks but I really can't give you any more info without seeing it. I do know the back bumper has a small paint chip and the interior has some spidering in the leather and wear on the front passenger grab-bar. What would a nice detail job for the interior cost? And any idea on paint costs? It's tan now but i was thinging of getting a nice deep black paint job with two silver stripes up the center. No idea what it would cost though. Other than that my planned add-ons include: Front brush-guard, tail light guards, high intensity headlight bulbs and headlight covers to match, a billet grille cover, and wheels and tires. Not sure on the types of wheels yet but for tires I'll probably get BF goods A/T tires. What do you think?