nav installed, just a few questions tho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obfirefighter22

Reaction score
Hey guys i just finished installing the 15800000 in my truck and even though it said on the description from ebay that it had no codes/vin in it... it did, even had some stupid cd in it. Well I did the bypass to make sure it worked, and it did. (bypassed by putting in acc position and then pulling radio fuse and putting back in). The radio will play cd's, got to xm, fm, steering wheel controls work, and rear entertainment works, etc....

The only thing it wouldnt do is play a DVD when i bypassed it... Is that normal for it not to allow a dvd to play in bypass? i mean i know the head unit is supposed to play dvd's while in park, and i know ive seen where people say the unit should be fully functional when bypassed...I havent got the nav disc yet(its coming to me) so i havent got to test that yet.

The only other question i have is about the procedure using the tech 2. I live in memphis and we got some pretty big dealerships with a few of the biggest chevrolet shops in the country to go along with them. But i have read where some dealerships couldnt figure out how to unlock the theftlock for some people while other people had no issues with the unlock process. If anyone can give me the procedures or check to see if the procedures im about to list is correct then id greatly appreciate it. On my unit it says TheftLock activated if i remember correctly without running down stairs and back out in the heat.

Radio Theftlock Clear Procedure
Complete the following procedure, using a scan tool, in order to properly set up communication:

Using a connected Tech2,

1. At the Main Menu screen, select: Diagnostics.

2. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following options:

■ Model Year >>>Better pick 05 if it wont go pick 06
■ LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete

3. At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body

4. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:

■ Appropriate model
■ Appropriate Air Conditioning
■ Navigation Radio

5. At the Body Screen, select: Navigation Radio.

6. At the Radio screen, select: Special Functions.

7. At the Special Functions screen, select: VIN Relearn.

8. At the VIN Relearn screen, the scan tool will display "Do you want to clear radio theft information?"

9. To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display "Clearing Radio Theft in Progress."

10. Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.

Also Does the radio need to be out of the truck to hook this tech 2 to it? I finished putting my truck back together, but if i gotta take it out for the dealership to unlock it thats fine cause im going to have to by a new Ambient light sensor cause i broke mine. Thant another thing, is that what the light sensor on the dash for the headlight is called? And does anyone have any ideas how much this will cost?

Thanks for any help, besides the theftlock and me breaking my light sensor... the install was pretty easy. I even installed the vss switch in the middle console

obfirefighter22

Reaction score
ok well i guess i am stupid... my hummer has the same unit in it and can play dvd's while in park ofcourse, but im reading now that the tnr800 unit 15800000 can not play dvd's??? what the eff... if thats the case then i need to mod this up alittle bit but need to know how or my options. I have a rear entertainment flip down dvd player and i know ive seen where this guy wired his up to play dvd's through his flip down and display over the Head unit... anyone have any ideas??/ please help me out

WaynesNside

Reaction score
I gave you a quick reply here:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81677

If your Rear DVD flip down has RCA outputs, then just use those to output the signal.

If you have the stock rear flip down unit, you will have to do some wiring:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63844&highlight=dvd

Thanks for that link, that's what I think I'm going to do. Another guy did it on here but didn't go into a lot of detail about how he did it. That's the whole deal right there.

last-442

Reaction score
Sorry if I seem unversed in the navigation systems, but I have a couple of questions hopefully some of you can answer. I have an '03 Yukon with the non lux unit and I am thinking of moving up to the 15800000. Is this unit a 6 disc changer as well? and will the rear seat entertainment still work with this Nav system?

Thanks