Navi/DVD screen unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoerider

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to unblock to watch DVD while in drive. I'm sure it's possible and wondering if anyone has cracked the code.

Patman3065

Reaction score
It is possible

It is possible. I purchased a plug in module through an on-line web site. It was quite expensive ($450.00), but easy to install and use. I simply had to remove the dash bezel (only secured by 8 pop-off clips), the radio (four 9/32†bolts) and then plug the module between the last jack on the back of the nav radio and the factory harness. The module is activated from the mute button on the steering wheel control. It tricks the system to think it is in park. I noticed when activated it shows the parking assist is disabled on the dash display. I also see a red error light on the on-star rear view mirror system and got an indication that there was a problem with my on star system on my monthly email report. However, everything still works and the error is cleared when you turn off the module from the same mute button on the steering wheel once your passenger is done watching the video.

jelaal

Reaction score
By Any Means Necessary

Patman3065 said:
I just got done viewing another Chevy forum and discovered another vendor who sales the module for $219.00
Okay way to go where can I get one.

Patman3065

Reaction score
I don't believe the forum will allow posting a vendors information, but you can find a module easily using a search engine or an auction site such as ebay.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, this forum is for the greater good of the community. By all means if you have a link that helps another post away. No nazis here my friend.

Patman3065 said:
I don't believe the forum will allow posting a vendors information, but you can find a module easily using a search engine or an auction site such as ebay.