Need help deciding; HD or cowl?

Which hood do you like better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on which hood to go with, but having a hard time. I like both. Only thing about going with a cowl is that it's more common. I'm leaning a bit towards the HD, but need a little more persuasion. What do you guys think? I need to decide and order by Thursday morning.

Cowl:
hoodcowl.jpg

HD:
hoodhd.jpg

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea dude i was having the same prob, i dont know which one i would do either, only thing is that the hd looks akward sometimes

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I voted for the cowl hood. Dont like the HD hoods on hoes and really dont like the cowl either. If it were me, i would keep the stock hood. But if your choice is those two, then the cowl hood would be the cleaner choice. Seems as though it would "fit" your style more with the drop, big wheels,roll pan, SS bumper. If you were trying to lift your truck, then i would go with the HD hood.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
IMHO, it is very hard to get the perfect looking cowl hood for these trucks. I really like the ease of installation with a HD hood. I think that if you went with a HD hood and left the rest of the front end alone, you would have a unique sense of style. .02

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like the HD and is what I'm putting on mine. I don't really care for cowl hoods on Tahoe's, but that's just me. These pictures are what sold me on the HD hood and is basically what mine will look like in the front, minus the chrome bar in the middle of the grill.

TahoewithSS2.jpg

TahoewithSS.jpg

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK go with the HD it looks Mean and turns it from regular Hoe and make's It Duh Da done ya It's a real Man Hoe!!! LOL Anyway half the cowls look like those Lund stick ons IMO! I agree with Big Tap That Hoe is what got to get my HD!

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i voted cowl but that tahoe with the HD hood looks amazing so i say HD

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD no question. Gives a nice smooth look to the truck without overdoing it like a cowl, again just my opinion.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I was leaning towards the HD in the first place, so that's what I'm sticking with. I can't seem to find a cowl hood that looks just right on these trucks. Besides, there's too many trucks running around here that have the cowl hoods already. So, HD it is. I'm ordering tonight. When I get my truck back from the shop, I'll have a new grille and HD hood to go along with the recently added SS bumper and rollpan.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man JK your Truck is gonna look so SICK once you get it back can't wait to see it! You made the right choice on the HD hood!

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a Certifit in San Antonio. Only a little over an hour to get there. I've bought a few pieces from them. Great prices on aftermarket parts.