Need Help - Double Din Radio in 99 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtyler7807

Reaction score
I have search and search the other post and other sites and forums. And no one wants to give complete instructioin what was do to install it. I bought the Eonon Double din with the navigation for cheap($120) brand new in the box. and I want to use it.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this!!!

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a radio guy by a long shot, but aren't the radios in these trucks din and a half? Will a double din even fit?

mtyler7807

Reaction score
You are right about that but I have seen pictures of people modding the trim around the radio to fit a double din. But they don't good enough instructions on what they did. For me to start. If I can find some one with awesome instruction I'll get started on it.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no idea what haks just sent but heres a pic with a screen.. i know its not a double din, but youll probably have to do the same concept.. i dont think those will fit good..

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Linked him to a screen also but like you stated, same concept. Pictures will not show up sometimes though which sucks.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in order to do it you would have to take the slide clips off the factory radio and attach em to the double din. you then slide in the radio and mod the trim to accommodate it. seen it done, debated doin it, just never got around to it.

mrbigles

Reaction score
You may want to see if you can find an old/extra dash from a junk yard and use it as your "test" piece. This way, you can take the good one off, install the head unit like TGB said and then use the crappy one to cut on and mold till you get it the way you like.

From there, just repeat (the good steps) on the good dash and post pictures! :)

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its looks like hell once when something is off center or tilted. youll want to redo it afterwards.. just make sure u make tons of measurements and be precise. i have more pics of those if u wanna see em..

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, i thought about it again. the HVAC needs to be moved as well i think. the NBS was the easy one. i think. someone correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure the HVAC needs to go to the factory pocket location, and the double din takes up some area from both the factory HVAC slot and the factory radio location. if you can FG, its not too much work. its alot of making the bezel itself fit.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i would think too that it needs to be moved.. ive seen it moved to the floor or in a console..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for sure man.. im waiting too for school to kick off.. i get good deals on kicker,alpine, and rockford fosgate

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chyea tell me about it.. ive been selling my capri parts that i was going to put on it later down the road. but i guess money right now is higher priority then my capri.. i sold that console that i probably shouldnt of sold, but i got a good deal both ways on it. economy is sucking right now.. i dont even have a job.. lol..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know exactly what you mean.. ive been job searching and nothing has come up at all. noone will call you back, nothing. imean cars is a good business to be in, but you just have to be in the right field for it. like even autocollision and bodyshops are doing bad right now. audio especially. rims. it sucks..