Need some help in Transmission Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcee

Reaction score
1999 Tahoe, 4x4. Stock..

Everything is unbolted, disconnected, Crossmember is out of the way, Transfer case is disconnected and slide as far back as I can get and keep it there.

So, everything is ready to drop.. but for the life of me, get the Trans to clear the Transfer case (trans output shaft is still inside the Transfer case some) and the bell house to clear the fly wheel.. I don't have a manual nor access to allData for any more procedures..

What is the trick here guys.. I don't want to remove the Torque arm crossmembe setup.. which is keeping the transfer case from moving completely out of the way. What most be removed, moved or muscled out of the way ?

Thanks in advanced..

BC

meats

Reaction score
if you didnt get it yet you have to lift the back of the t-case up and move it around enough so you can tip the front down and take it right out of the truck. then you shouldnt have anymore problems.

bcee

Reaction score
Thanks.. but I got it figured out ok.. What I did as a mistake was unbolt the Transfer extension case at the Transmission side of the extension.. which cause the T-Case to be longer than what could be moved around and removed. Once I unbolted the extension case.. it dropped right out.

Thanks for the follow up..

BC