NEW 2002 Tahoe LT Owner - Few Small Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brendon4

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So ive searched a few times, but this forum is a bit different than some of the other car forums ive been on and i can't seem to find the answer...sorry if im being repetitive.

Just purchased a 2002 Tahoe LT to tow my boat - looking to do some needed upgrades/mods to make it look a bit sportier...

My specific questions:

The rocker trim on the doors - I think ive seen a few people who have totally removed those trim panels. Its not the end of the world if i can't remove them, but i think it would look slick if they weren't there (the chrome trim piece drives me nuts). Has anyone removed those? What is behind them...would i have to fill in any holes or paint? Or do they just peel off?

Flip up DVD - Has anyone installed a flip up as opposed to the double din mod. I really don't feel like doing all the modificaitons to make the double din fit. I would rather just put in a single din with flip dvd...thoughts??

Bose vs non Bose - How can i tell if i have bose or not? Usually on the speakers there is a bose symbol or on the deck, but i don't see anything. Kind of figured that the system would be bose with amplifier since it is an LT but don't see any bose markings. Just want to make sure i have the right wiring harness when i install the aftermarket deck.

Ill post some pics once im done with the upgrades...just purchased some 20" wheels and tires. Lovin the Tahoe so far....great truck!!

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think inside on your glove box door is the service identification tag with all the option codes your truck has installed. Take a pic and post it, and the people here can help you decode if you have Bose or not - and everything else.

brendon4

Reaction score
photo.jpg

brendon4

Reaction score
oh good...so doesn't look like ill need any additional wiring harnesses to hook up my deck. Thanks for your help guys I appreciate it.

Any suggestions on removing the rocker trim?