New 20's rubbing ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred01

Reaction score
Lowered the '01 burb with 3" drop spring in the back and turned the keys in the front all the way down. Looks level so... add some wheels and tires. I opted for the factory size on the new body style, bought Hankook 275-55-20 on a Boss Black Crome 20x 8.5" wheel. Mounted and drive it, the back is rubbing the inside fender liner. What has solved this problem for others I ask ??? The front seems to be OK. What to do ???

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Are both rears rubbing? If they aren't your rear end might have shifted long before you did the drop. Some rear end parts may be needed to correct the issue.

If they both are rubbing, the wheel offset is wrong. I know they are OEM, but they are OEM for the GMT900 bodies. What you may want to try is going with a spacer in between the rear axle and wheel. That should bring out the wheel far enough to cure your rub.

BTW, WHERE ARE THE PICS OF ANOTHER LOWERED BURB HUH HUH??? lol

scott99zx6r

Reaction score
Nah mine did the same thing after I lowered it. I just pulled out the razor knife and cut out the flared part of the inner fender liner and noise gone.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine shelled themselves after a month or so of driving with the 3/5 drop. Just some thin plastic, I wouldn't worry about it unless it really bothers you then cut it with a razor or sharp knife.