New ac system components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjaawilco45

Reaction score
99 Tahoe
350 vortex
Front and rear air conditioning

I've had problems with my a.c. over the last few years and have replaced several of the components in the system. I've replaced the hard aluminum lines to the rear condenser with soft lines. I've replaced the rear condenser/evap. I'm getting ready to put a new compressor, and dryer in. As well as a new venture valve. My question is to verify how much 134a I will need to re install for the intire system, as well as how much a.c. oil I need to reinstall. The researchers that I've done tells me that I will be putting in 64 oz. Of 134a, and 11 oz. Of oil. The new compressor that I bought says that it is shipped with 45 oz Of oil installed. I assume I will have to remove some of that. Again this is essentially a new, unused system. It has not had any coolant or oil in it, aside from what the compressor was shipped with. I will be doing the vacuum my self as well as installing the 134a after vacuum. I will be using a set of a.c. servicing gauges as well as the vacuum pump.

Thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure don't know for sure. I would charge it based upon the gauges tho... You might call the company that produced the compressor and ask them about the oil quantity. Sure it isn't filled with 4.5oz? 45 is ALOT of Oil...