new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04tahoejunky

Reaction score
Couple questions fellas:

What's the biggest tire I can put on my 04 base Tahoe without having to put a lift on it? I believe I can torque the tension bars to get some extra clearance. I was thinking 285/16s nitto trail grapplers would work?

FASTNLOUD03

Reaction score
They should fit just fine. I would do the torsion bars just because. You may also have to trim the plastic valance on the bottom.

04tahoejunky

Reaction score
I figured I would. Have y'all had any trouble with the instrument panel? Mine only works sometimes. Not sure if I should trust the check engine light or not!

FASTNLOUD03

Reaction score
The whole thing only works sometimes or jjust the guages. Alot theses years had problems with the guages not working. I ha d a couple guages not working and I just replaced it with an escalade instrument panel. Your computer turns the check engine light on so its probably coming on for a reason.

04tahoejunky

Reaction score
McKinney tx, the gauges only work sometimes. The check engine light comes on for a day or so then shuts off for a couple. I looked into changing out the panel but it's a pretty penny. You get that escalade panel from scrap yard?

04tahoejunky

Reaction score
McKinney tx, the gauges only work sometimes. The check engine light comes on for a day or so then shuts off for a couple. I looked into changing out the panel but it's a pretty penny. You get that escalade panel from scrap yard?

FASTNLOUD03

Reaction score
I got from ebay. The mileage I left alone bc the tahoe had 145k and the escalade guages had 125k. My motor and trans only have about 10k.