New-ish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using various forum boards for years, registered here to read through some information during some maintaining on my suburban

MY rig is a 1996 Suburban K1500 LT, the previous owner had it pretty well done up from the factory with white painted mirrors, door handles, tail light accents, and fiberglass 1-peice combo running board/wheel arches

I bought it at the young age of about 118,000 miles about a year and a half ago, it has 126,xxx on it now and has been through a bit

What I have (personally) done
-New headlight bulbs, ultrawhites for both normal and high beam
-Installed some LED running lights (previous owner installed the wiring, relay, switch, etc)
-New Monroe rear air shocks
-New Monroe front shocks
-New ACdelco front disks
-New ACdelco ceramic brake pads
-New (old) alloy wheels off a '94
-New tires (I didn't install those)
-New power steering hose and fluid
-New battery
-Cleaned the heads (carb cleaner, seafoam, and a brass brush, damn EGR valves)
-Installed 1kw 4channel amp with 4 new 6.5" drivers and 4 new tweeters (plus new speaker wires and power)
-Installed new deck and 4x10 rear speakers
-Installed Bazooka tube (strapped nicely on the right far rear arm rest area)
-Replaced 1 door lock actuator
-Replaced driver/passenger window mouldings (the replacements, from LMC, turned out to be total junk and now I have to buy another set)
-New oil filter and oil
-Cleaned and refreshed K&N air filter
-Replaced broken FM antenna
-Replaced CD player with a storage slot
-Wired a Sirius radio into center console where the CD holder used to be

Also had to take it to a mechanic when the rear spindle bearing went bad, so the rear end has been replaced, plus side is I now have rear end in great shape with brakes that are nearly new, they also repaired the last few feet of the muffler pipes that had rusted and added a few tips onto them

I still plan on doing several other things, such as flushing the coolant system and replacing the thermostat, water pump, and radiator cap (as well as the fluid)
Plan to replace the accumulator, orifice tube, and rebuild the compressor, then have my AC system vacuumed and recharge it with fresh oil and R-134A
Also have several other projects in the works, but year

The suburban, its a labor of love, just glad its not my DD with that 42gallon tank

Attachments

• 20120904_143107.jpg
    20120904_143107.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20120904_142954.jpg
    20120904_142954.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1