New Tahoe Owner; New Forum Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clay1193

Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm new to the Tahoe world. Originally, I was a Toyota man--2010 Tacoma Sport 4x4--but recently switched to Chevy. My wife and I had our first child three months ago and, in the interest of keeping finances down, I sold my Tacoma (still had three years left of payments) and purchased a 2002 Tahoe LT 4x4 straight cash. I did so because I've been told by fellow Tahoe owners and my mechanic that these trucks are like dinosaurs. Take care of them and they'll last forever. Let's hope so because I need it to!

I bought it with 141k miles with one owner previous. Since then, I've had to dump a ton of money into it--rear main seal, torque valve seal, valve cover gaskets, AC compressor and tensioner belt and a new alternator. My mechanic says that this is normal and not to worry. He's got a Silverado with 230k plus. So long as the engine and tranny are running well, you're good.

I'd love to get everyone's experience/feedback on these vehicles. Since it's paid for, I though I might have some fun with it and mod the thing.

Also, if anyone has directions on how to replace the rear glass hatch on the tailgate, I would greatly appreciate it. I've got a replacement piece I bought from a junkyard. Just don't know how to remove the pins that hold the hinges together.

Thanks

Scott

ColbyNe123

Reaction score
On the glass hatchback, my hinge was found broken somehow. (I never used it.) I asked multiple retail shops and my local dealer telling me I had to replace the hinges/etc and the whole glass hatchback which is total BS. So I quit there.

JTTahoe

Reaction score
New Tahoe Owner

Hi,

Just bought a house in America again, so I bought another 2002 Tahoe again!

I had a 2002 Tahoe z71, but I sold it when I moved to NYC. Feels good to drive a Tahoe again.