New to Site. Tahoe Advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AHCatch22

Reaction score
I just joined this site today because i am interested in purchasing a tahoe within the next few months. I am interested in the 00-05 range, can any-one give me any advice?

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advice-

Well, I guess you'd have to start with what you like personally.
2000-2005 will give you a pretty broad range of body styles too.
Not to mention the differences in interior types, and exterior styling from LS, LT, and Z71 models.

This link had several good photos of different year models of Tahoes.

http://www.motortrend.com/used_cars/11/chevrolet/tahoe/index.html

I personally love my 2004 Tahoe. I bought it from a private dealer in DFW, and it was (and still is) immaculate. I saw LOTS of used Hoes at big dealerships that were ragged out, and they wanted top dollar for them. The one I got is a 5.3, 4x4 with leather and quad seats. I got it because we had a baby, and the 'ol pickup got too tight on trips. I really did not need the 4x4 since I live and drive in the city, but it's better to have it and not use it than the other way around. The first thing I did was get a K&N intake, and the second was replaced the running boards, and got some all weather floor mats. Beyond that, it's exactly how I bought it.

There are so many mods you can do to a basic Tahoe, but I think it would be best to get one with as much stuff on it as possible up front... especially now that prices should be down on them due to the cost of gas.

Hope this helps a little. Everyone here has some really sweet rides, so there's lots of advice coming your way I'm sure.

BH

AHCatch22

Reaction score
Sorry but i forgot to mention that i am an avid hunter and would really be interested in the z71 package.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but i forgot to mention that i am an avid hunter and would really be interested in the z71 package.

A non-Z71 packaged 4wd 'hoe would work just as well for hunting and off-road adventures. MOST (not all) of the Z71's appeal is the body mouldings and nerf bars, which can be had aftermarket as well. If you're looking to save some money, I'd say get a lower-model 'hoe with the goodies you want... and add as necessary. Of course, the Z71's can be had at a good price now, considering the state of the economy. I'm a big fan of the Z71 package, however I would not limit yourself to it. My '03 is 4wd... non-Z71... it handles mud and dirt quite nicely. :thumbsup: Not trying to sway you FROM a Z71, just reminding you to keep your options open.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a double din radio, possibly so you can upgrade to a navigation system in the future, get a 03-up otherwise you'll have a din and a half and go through hell to mod it.