Nite Shade, Tinting Tailights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put several coats of clear and they didnt look good.. I got my new tails on now and they look great!

Davco

Reaction score
The tails on my 99 cobras were tinted but it was done with actual tint. They looked great and were easy to remove it I wanted to remove them. I wonder if anyone makes something like this for the Tahoe?

100_3482.jpg

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to sound like the Debbie Downer here, but is this actually legal to do, or is it one of those things that you just do until you get written a ticket? Don't get me wrong, I like it and want to do it, but I don't feel like getting hassled by Johnny Law. I use to not care about these things in my younger days, but I guess I'm getting old!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically it just depends on how dark you tint them. If you completely black them out then you could get into a lot of trouble. Just doing a light coat to "smoke" them usually doesn't hamper the light output enough to cause problems.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered some smoke paint from i guess japan (the can was all japanese), and i had my tails on my old zx2 just about as dark as i could get em and i never ran into a problem with the law.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanna black them out super dark, just get the LED taillight bar, this way no one can try to say they couldn't see your lights. (its already happend)

Someone rear ended a guy on the gmfs forum, cops came and the guy tried to say he couldn't see his tail lights b/c they were tinted (not even dark), cops seen the light bar in the tailgate and all the blame was taken off of him.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=1713

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/60-R...m14QQhashZitem140270777887QQitemZ140270777887