No chime sound when parking brake is engaged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laserist

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Just bought a 15 Tahoe LS a week ago. Today I drove it with parking brake engaged and didn't realize it until arriving home :(. That's because there was no chime sound to remind me. Do your Tahoes have this problem? Thanks in advance.

ralphtt1

Reaction score
Don't believe my '15 LTZ rings a chime with the brake engaged but a warning comes up on the little panel in the center of the instrument panel.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a chime on my 2015 LTZ either but have the brake indicator. Also mine will not move with parking brake on, so yours must have not been fully on.

laserist

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies! Manual says this (page 9-43): "If the parking brake is not released when you begin to drive, the brake warning light will flash and a chime will sound warning you that the parking brake is still on". I guess manual is not correct then?

Also do you hear chimes if seat belt is unbuckled? I don't have this chime either.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must be a misprint about chiming with the parking brake on. I can find it as an option either. As to seat belts unbuckled, I seem to have a chime for the passenger side but not the driver side.