No interior lights with door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brschmidt13

Reaction score
Interior dome lights don't come on when I open any of the doors. They work when I manually turn them on with the knob. If it was just one door I'd know where to start looking but..... Where should I start?

Thx

Zigger21

Reaction score
There is a small button to the left of the Steering wheel on the same panel just below the interior light wheel. Make sure to have the interial light all the way just before it clicks to keep the lights on all the time.Its not labeled and I bet that button got pushed by accidentally pushed allowing the inside lights not to turn on when a door opens. I believe the button needs to be pushed in for it to work. But I would push it until the lights come on when you open your door. I hope this helps. Please let me know if this did the trick. Take Care Jonathan

Brschmidt13

Reaction score
Zigger21 (Jonathan) - Thx. That was the first thing I tried after my wife told me about the problem. I even double checked myself by looking at a buddies switch. The fact the lights work when I turn the knob all the way up and the fact they don't come on when any of the doors are open makes me think there must be a wire broken in the door switch circuit. I don't know where the door switches are.. no little rubber covered plunger switch like the old days. Thinking out loud but if doesn't work with any door I'm thinking it must be something common to all of them but not common to the knob you're talking about. That make any sense?

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Byron

Zigger21

Reaction score
It funny that were are talking about this because my wife just said when she opens the doors the lights wont turn on. So I just pushed in and out fast on the small round button until it worked again. I must have a loose connection also. Mines in a 2004 and I didnt mess with the lights only when I installed the auto start. I live in North Dakota where -20 degrees isnt abnormal and its tough on switches and electronics so usually banging on it helps me but I dont expect you to do that. Take Care and I hope you get it working. I wish you luck.

Brschmidt13

Reaction score
I'll try banging it tonight! I'm in Texas and thankfully it doesn't get that cold. I may have to try a bag of ice tho

Zigger21

Reaction score
Ha thats classic, I would have done anything to grow up in Texas or even move down there but the wife doesnt not want to move away from Good Old North dakota. I live on the way eastern end of ND and I wish my family had land in the west because their is billions of dollars being made over there from the oil boom. This is how dumb some of our farmers who have land in that area. He went into to cash a check from the oil company for $600. The cashier looked at it and it was for $600,000. They are going to have so much money they are not going to know what to do with it. Out west they are shipping Strippers and Hookers up here from Vegas for the oil riggers. As soon as the boom happened a guy from Williston opened up a Nudey bar and 6 months later he was a millionaire. All the small towns out there are pulling in bank. There was a 2 bedroom house in Rothshold, a small town of 400 people. The house was on the market for $10,000 five years ago and it sold the other day for $750,000. The riggers are needing places to stay so they buy these small town houses and bunk up in them and make a **** pot of money. But with money comes the bad. They are having a serious Tar Heroin problem besically all drugs are a problem over there. Rapes, shootings, murders, the divorce rate jumped from 10% to 88.2%. They come into money and chuck there old model in for a newer stripper model, she will milk them farmers for as much money as they can get. So Im happy Im in the eastern end but I wish I was right in the middle owning mineral rights to land out that way. With all of this oil shouldnt our gas prices be dropping, f"no they are going up. WTF. We will surpass our oil that we get from Iraq this year. I wish you luck man. Take Care

glennrhee

Reaction score
Legalization

There are now a lot of states that have been approving the use of cannabis. Voters in Washington state and Colorado recently approved measures that lead to cannabis decriminalization, while a similar law was defeated in Oregon.

DanielKent

Reaction score
Fixed?

Hi, new here. I just found this thread having the same issue on a 2008 Tahoe LTZ I just purchased. I know it's an old thread but here's the fix I just found:

Just above the round rotary dome light knob (that needs to be pushed in), there is a small rocker button labeled "Dome Lights Off." If it's pressed in, the lights will not come on regardless of how you program your DIC.

Pressed it so that it would not be selected and presto! My interior lights work when I unlock the doors, open the doors, etc.

Maybe this will help the OP or some other soul who comes looking.

Dan

Andrep

Reaction score
Hi, new here. I just found this thread having the same issue on a 2008 Tahoe LTZ I just purchased. I know it's an old thread but here's the fix I just found:

Just above the round rotary dome light knob (that needs to be pushed in), there is a small rocker button labeled "Dome Lights Off." If it's pressed in, the lights will not come on regardless of how you program your DIC.

Pressed it so that it would not be selected and presto! My interior lights work when I unlock the doors, open the doors, etc.

Maybe this will help the OP or some other soul who comes looking.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I was tottaly lost.

TexasTbar

Reaction score
Late to the conversation

But I noticed The same problem on my 04 Tahoe. But stuck my finger in the latch on the door and wiggled it latch and the lights came on.

Any suggestions for a fix on this? Maybe some graphite or lube so that the latch will move freer.