no sound in overhead dvd with after market stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztec

Reaction score
hello everyone, i have a 2004 gmc yukon SLT with the overhead dvd, everything was working with the original stereo, i just had a Pioneer DEH-P7100BT installed
but now i can not hear the overhead dvd, it play the movie but you can not hear anything...

what can i do in this case? is there a harness i need to buy to retain the audio
in the dvd overhead, i got the module for the doors chime and onstar.

thanks in advance

NathanJax

Reaction score
It's in the harness. Certain harnesses will keep it as an AUX input to the new radio.

Do you know which harness you put in?

aztec

Reaction score
thanks NathanJax, i actually took it to a shop to get installed.
all i take was the stereo kit, the stereo and the module for the door's chime
and on star, so my guess is that they used the original harness.

do you have any idea what should i be looking when buying this harness?

thank in advance

NathanJax

Reaction score
IF your OE radio was the source of activating RSE (by hitting the source button) you can use this harness. If activation was somewhere else like the rear controls, then no you can't

Meta GMOS-014 - GM Onstar/ RSE/ and retain the warning chimes module

The GMOS-014 is designed to retain Onstar/ Rear seat entertainment (RSE)/ and retain the warning chimes that are normally lost when the OEM radio is removed. It also provides a 12 volt accessory output for aftermarket radio operation.
The GMOS-014 provides a mute/ parking brake/ vss or speed sense and reverse output to make installing an aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.

aztec

Reaction score
thanks NathanJax i greatly appreciated...
i will check it out.

Yes when i had the factory stereo i managed the dvd overhead with the RSE.