OEM Navigation radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okla-by God-homa

Reaction score
Getting ready to install a Nav radio in my 07 Yukon XL. Got it on ebay new at a great price part # 25797978. Was reading this great post and tried to contact JP Customs, but NO JOY....they are out of business. Anyone know of another place to get the needed connectors and wiring? Also getting ready to install/upgrade to the D3, heated, folding, puddle lamp mirrors. Has anyone done this and if so any helpful tips before I blindly go forth where I have not trod before?

Cmonteiro1

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know where to pick up another wiring harness. But I actually don't think I used it. I bought the lock pic and I think that was all I needed. Don't quote me though its been a while.

Question though. Where did you pick up the mirrors and what did they run you. I wouldn't mind finding a set of those for my 07 tahoe.

TAHOE FREAK

Reaction score
I stuck this thread because it has a lot of important information in it, thanks to the contributors.

Okla-by God-homa

Reaction score
Found the mirrors on ebay....about $60 each including shipping....much less than from GM. Have to still get the switch...about $120 unless I can find it cheaper someplace. Tried the link provided by Tahoe Freak and it does not work....wonder what it contains???

BOOMER SOONER

GMBOUND

Reaction score
Getting ready to install a Nav radio in my 07 Yukon XL. Got it on ebay new at a great price part # 25797978. Was reading this great post and tried to contact JP Customs, but NO JOY....they are out of business. Anyone know of another place to get the needed connectors and wiring? Also getting ready to install/upgrade to the D3, heated, folding, puddle lamp mirrors. Has anyone done this and if so any helpful tips before I blindly go forth where I have not trod before?

You're alright by me!
Sooner.jpg

Damn Right I'm a Sooner!

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
not shure if anyone reads this post anymore but im trying to put the oem nav in my 08 yukon w/o rear dvd and bose. i tried finding it in this post but have had no luck on what exactly i will need. i realize that without bose i will lose my turn signal and door chimes, but is there something i need to purchase to keep them like an external amp or a harness of some sort. any help would be greatly appreciated

wfiore

Reaction score
I installed an OEM navigation in my 2008 Yukon per the instructions, but no turn by turn guidance displays on the screen. All that shows is my vehicle traveling along the main zoomed out map. The voice guidance is turned on, but it only prompts me when I reach my destination. any ideas?

mow10s

Reaction score
Having never done this install myself but I did read the thread, the question i would have for you is did you install the connectivity from the unit to the speed sensor under the dash. There appears to be a specifig wire connection harness for this and I believe there are pictures and directions for it. Just a question is all.

wfiore

Reaction score
I did install the vss and onstar harness. However, I am now questioning if the wire tap is making a solid connection on the vss wire. My question is if the vss connection is bad would that prevent turn by turn instructions from appearing at all?

dwolff217

Reaction score
HI I have a 2007 ltz tahoe with rear ent. back up cam and my navigation stoped working it keeps telling me the DVD is not a map DVD So I got a brand new DVD 6.0 from GM and still the same message The DVD is not a map DVD ANYBODY have this problem or know anything I might try ???? THANK YOU STEVE

mconan

Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali

Anyone know if the Denalis w/o the nav already have the antenna installed?

Thanks

Mike

J

jannypana

Next was installing the gps antenna

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukonerado

Reaction score
I started my install of the factory OEM Denso navigation radio. Waiting for the JP Customs connector kit ($35 + $8 ship) to arrive to finish the install. I am installing this unit in a 07 Yukon with no rear dvd. It is GM part number 15940103. I first tapped into the VSS wire in the power junction box.
A ton of help. I am very fortunate to have seen the VSS wire tap method here. It worked on my wifes 2009 GMC Yukon upgrade to a 2010 Nav system with Bose and RSE.

Thank you very much. The photos were the difference.

echakov

Reaction score
Hi,

I also installed a Nav unit on my 2011 Tahoe LT. When I purchased it it came with a 4.0 Nav Disc and was programed to fit my vin with all my options. After the install everything was working great. I then upgraded my Nav Disc to the 6.0 the Nav unit did some update and I lost most of my Voice Commends. I only have Help and system help commends. Did anyone encounter this issue before. Any help will be appreciated.

trisswines

Reaction score
As I said before I don't know what they figured to flash the radio as it was included in the deal I made to buy the vehicle from them. I still have the original 6 disc cd radio. I am keeping it in case I select to trade vehicles & need to keep the nav unit.

berryla

Reaction score
more later after all the parts arrive.

CathcartRL1

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore but hopefully someone does that can help answer a question for me. I have a 2007 Tahoe LS that I am wanting to do the exact same thing that genestoy did in adding the GPS radio and also the dvd system for the little ones in the back. My question is, are the wirring harness the same between the LS and the LT? I would like to think that GM did not put a different harness in the LT for this system. I am even thinking of putting in the Bose system with center console. Also my LS has dual zone climate control but would also like to add the digital controls. I have found a 07 Tahoe here that is totalled and has everything I need in it for a very cheap price. Just wondering if it is possible to add all this to the LS. Essentially making it an LT!

trx-racing

Reaction score
Im installing a navigation in my 2007 Tahoe Z71 with bose, rear audio controls, steering wheel controls, and rear factory dvd.
I have 3 out of the 4 connectors from factory. The nav i purchased came with the brown connector.

The brown connector (C-4) has 4 wires, 1. back up camera, 2. vss, which do i need because my factory radio has the accelerated volume option, the 3rd and 4th wire (pins 8,16) is for the amplifier do i need to hook them up and were to? It says there are for y91 option only?

And im assuming the grey connector goes from the onstar box to the radio?

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 11