OEM Navigation radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sboston4

Reaction score
How many plugs did your truck have?

I'm guessing that the back of the nav unit looks like this...

Did you have 4 plug in connectors already?

Which OEM radio did you pull, did it have DVD or no DVD?

I'm still trying to figure out if my truck has 4 plug in harnesses or 2 and I can't look because it is in the shop right now.

Nice work on the install photos and documentation! I'm sure this has been an encouragement to other that have been considering doing this upgrade but weren't sure if they could handle it. Your post has probably helped a few other out!

Attachments

• Back of OEM Nav.jpg
    Back of OEM Nav.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

bijulal

Reaction score
I puchase OE nav Denso DW468100-6030 . That fixing time shows THEFT LOCK. How to unlock this Please help.

dukeiiixxx

Reaction score
Good job Jenestoy.

How much did your dealer charge to flash the radio?
What did you do with your old radio?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I said before I don't know what they figured to flash the radio as it was included in the deal I made to purchase the vehicle from them. I still have the original 6 disc cd radio. I am keeping it in case I decide to trade vehicles and want to keep the nav unit.

dukeiiixxx

Reaction score
Genestoy,
What a marvelous work instruction! These step by step installation documents are necessity for anyone dares to do the same (I would not do it for my 2008 Tahoe, ehmmm may be later)
Thank you for sharing us your valuable information

jt1450

Reaction score
Everything works per your write up Except.

Which Pins/wire colors do I tie the red and black from Nav C1 4/5 to the Onstar Connector?

C1? C2? and how are the pinouts on the 12 pin label 1 is top right 7 bottom right? Looking at it from the wire side of the plug.

Thanks

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything works per your write up Except.

Which Pins/wire colors do I tie the red and black from Nav C1 4/5 to the Onstar Connector?

C1? C2? and how are the pinouts on the 12 pin label 1 is top right 7 bottom right? Looking at it from the wire side of the plug.

Thanks

Everything you need to know is in the document I made including a picture of the Onstar box connector that shows the pin locations. The Onstar connector is a 16 pin connector not a 12 pin. Looking at the front of the connector with the clip on the top 1 thru 8 are on the top and 9 thru 16 are on the bottom. The red wire goes to pin 2 on the Onstar box (second from top left) and the black wire goes to pin 4 on the Onstar box (fourth from top left). There should be no existing wires already there nor any connector either if the vehicle never had a nav unit? This connector and wires comes in the kit you purchased? Hope that helps.

jt1450

Reaction score
Everything you need to know is in the document I made including a picture of the Onstar box connector that shows the pin locations. The Onstar connector is a 16 pin connector not a 12 pin. Looking at the front of the connector with the clip on the top 1 thru 8 are on the top and 9 thru 16 are on the bottom. The red wire goes to pin 2 on the Onstar box (second from top left) and the black wire goes to pin 4 on the Onstar box (fourth from top left). There should be no existing wires already there nor any connector either if the vehicle never had a nav unit? This connector and wires comes in the kit you purchased? Hope that helps.

There are 2 white openings on the Onstar box C1 and C2 that have connectors and wire plugged in from the factory. Looking at the box from the back they on on the left side (passenger)

Then there are 2 black openings with NO plugs installed (drivers side). I assume the one next to the white one would be C3 and the one closest to the driver C4.

The harness I bought has a red and black to Nav C1 4/5. The other end is a plug pinned to 2 and 4 of a 16 pin connector.

I plugged it into C3 ie the one next to the 2 white plugs.

I hit the button it beeps once I speak and the response is " no speech recognized try again"

What I'm I missing here?

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

John

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to do when you say you speak? First you must save an address in your address book in the nav unit, then you must add a voice command to that address (one you can remember such as "Phoenix"). After you have done all that then you press the button on the steering wheel until it beeps once and then you say "Navigation go to Phoenix", wait and it will say "Destination Phoenix press cancel if not correct" and it will automatically program the route to Phoenix.

jt1450

Reaction score
What are you trying to do when you say you speak? First you must save an address in your address book in the nav unit, then you must add a voice command to that address (one you can remember such as "Phoenix"). After you have done all that then you press the button on the steering wheel until it beeps once and then you say "Navigation go to Phoenix", wait and it will say "Destination Phoenix press cancel if not correct" and it will automatically program the route to Phoenix.

I had the red and black reversed on C1. Switched and all is well.

Although there is a slight whine through the system.

Grounded

Reaction score
ok, so you plugged the connector with two wires, that came with your kit into the VCIM box under the radio. It should actually be plugging into J3 which is the third spot from the right while the unit is in the dash or right next to the two alreadly plugged in. From there you need to take the two wires and run them up to the back of the Nav unit. These are going to the plug at the far right of the radio opposite of the antenna ports.....
VCIM Pin 2 from connector goes to pin 4(c1) at Nav
VCIM Pin 4 from connector goes to pin 5(c1) at Nav

Looking at the plug from the nav unit there should not be any wires going into pin 4 and 5. You need to insert the pins into these locations...

lucky19

Reaction score
Ok looking at the back of the unit is C1 the first plug colored black on the left first set?? If so my pin 5 is already being used do I slice in to that connection???
Durrrrr, I figured it out thanks

Last edited:

VEGASTAHO8

Reaction score
I Live In Las Vegas And I Purchased One The The Parts Department At My Local Chevrolet Dealership, $2275 Including Install With Tax Total Came Around $2400. Worth Every Penny. Also Had The Ipod Integration Kit Installed So I Dont Have A Wire Going Into The Front Of My Nav Screen, It Actually Is In My Center Console, And Hidden So I Never Have To Touch My Ipod, Its All On The Screen. Also Bought The Wood Grain Kit For The Center Console, It Has 2 Doors That Conceal The Cupholders And The Open Space.

dragon1073

Reaction score
I would like to know where to get the kit that jp accessories usta sell??????
anyone know??

JMR

paxa_kz

Reaction score
need help on how to install navigation system in 07 cadillac escalade ESV?

i have a 07 escalade esv and wondering how to install the gm navi system in it. right now i have a stock radio and rear dvd. does anyone know?

bflanders

Reaction score
i have a 07 escalade esv and wondering how to install the gm navi system in it. right now i have a stock radio and rear dvd. does anyone know?

Nav in Escalade is a different model than that in Tahoe's and Yukon's.