ok detailing question (psst, getwired heres the detailing section)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, more of a car wash question, but is a touchless car was ok to wash my yukon, one just opened up here and i never used a car was other than me and my MR, clean auto dry system, but this would make the weekly washes alot simpler. then super wash by my self once amonth. Just curious.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr. Clean system sucked for me. I use a regular car wash in the colder months, and hand wash it with Eagle-One (now use Megiar's) products in the warmer months. Don't ever take it thru a gas station wash. The touchless washes are also "worthless washes". You need a wash that uses the gently rotating / oscillating microfiber fabric strips to do a good job. And find one of those where they don't use rags to wipe it off when they're done. I usually run it thru the wash, then drive it home and really finish the job (detail) myself....

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr. Clean system sucked for me. I use a regular car wash in the colder months, and hand wash it with Eagle-One (now use Megiar's) products in the warmer months. Don't ever take it thru a gas station wash. The touchless washes are also "worthless washes". You need a wash that uses the microfiber fabric gently rotating / oscillating strands to do a good job. And find one of those where they don't use rags to wipe it off when they're done. I usually run it thru the wash, then drive it home and really finish the job (detail) myself....

LOL, get (um i cant think of a funny yet insulting name right now but i will ),

anyway, never, they want 16 dollars for a wash so, i dont think so, but when its below 40 here, is the coldest day so far (TODAY) i never wash so i can go on a 1-3 month spell with out washing because its too cold, but i usally get it professionaly detailed 3 times a year, and wax and wash in between. then clean the windows, but the mr clean really does stop me from drying, so i get about 30 min to have a drink and then wax and shine the rims. but im worried about the spinny rubber washes because they might leave scratches, i would cringe every time it touched the car when i tried it once, never again.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to the washes where the cleaning mechanisms are cloth, not little plasticy strands and stuff... But I know what you mean about those!!! Avoid them like the plague.

And, I think I have that Mr. Clean crap in my garage somewhere -- come on by and you can have it for free!!! (Or maybe I gave it away to my lazy brother in law, I dunno...) :smilielol:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a hand wash in my area which I use quite often. No worries about brush marks. However I do have to go over it with a damp chamois when i get it home.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a local hand wash chain here in southern CT that does an OK job. It can get expensive, $20-25 for a wash with undercarriage and wheel brite. they also give your car a quick vacuum and then wipe down interior and clean the glass, also chamois the outside. They get 2 or 3 guys on each car and they soap down with the wash mitts then a machine rinses and blow dries. I go once in a while if its too cold here after a snow storm. Also, if you go to this place at night time, they only charge $6, so its a good deal, but its just a quick wash and dry, no vacuum or cleaning.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess i should have posted that HUGE thread in here...didn't see this section ....my bad