ok dont be shy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
Fellow Tahoe owners, last summer I took delivery of a 2005 Corvette. A month later, I stumbled onto http://forums.corvetteforum.com. WOW!!! What a great place to learn and share information. Needless to say, Corvette owner are freaks about their cars (as am I), so it's entertaining to read their stories, see their pictures, and informative (to say the least) when it comes to, well...anything Corvette.

Two months ago I replaced my 2001 Tahoe LT with a 2007 Tahoe LTZ. Frickin' WOW! What a truck!!! Black exterior, light grey interior, ALL the bells and whistles...she's a real beaut.

Anyways, I got to thinking as to whether there was a group of Tahoe fanatics that would resemble the Corvette fanatics, and here I am. Glad to be aboard, and willing to share or help in any way I can.

Let's get 'er goin'!

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and happy to have ya! I too am a member of that board I have owned a couple of C5s in my day and am now waiting on the Z0s to come down to earth to pick one up.

Its nice to see other CF members on here as 90% of them are quality guys!

chevyfreak

Reaction score
Hey guys. I currently own a 99 2 door tahoe. I love the new tahoe looks. I will probably not be getting another tahoe. Im thinking about a truck now. Im thinking about either a Z71 avalanche or a silverado. Since they will mostly be the same as the tahoe, I could get help and ideas from this site and hopefully give ideas and help. Hopefully this site will pick up and not die out like the many other ones like it. With a name like this though, it should become popular.:D

Impin'

Reaction score
I'm currently not a Tahoe owner, but am looking at the pre-2000 models. I think I'm most interested in a 2 door. I know they are rare, but am wondering exactly HOW rare. Any insight?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on auto trader in the south they were and still are fairly common here in TX.

They do fetch a premuim though for the 2dr ones in good shape. In fact they are about 50% higher than retail book value and most banks wont finance them because they will only lend book value.

Another good thing about buying a truck from the south is that we dont have to salt our roads in the winter so you will not have a problem with rust like some I have seen from the far North.

Impin' said:
I'm currently not a Tahoe owner, but am looking at the pre-2000 models. I think I'm most interested in a 2 door. I know they are rare, but am wondering exactly HOW rare. Any insight?

Jaytil

Reaction score
99 Stubby

Impin' said:

I owned a 99 2 door Tahoe (fondly called the Stubby). It was a 4x4 LS with the bench in the front (6 passenger). I added aftermarket leather, Alpine navigation, a cat back exhaust, a K&N drop-in filter, 2001 Z-71 17" wheels, Z-71 badging on B pillars and rear. It was sweet.

I sold it to get my 03 Z71 Avalanche (which I sold to get my 06 Dodge Charger SRT8) and now I'm buying a 07 4x4 LTZ (loaded).

I was recently shopping for another stubby as a possible truck for my son. They are available all over and range greatly in price. Most are at a premium over KBB pricing, but generally not 1.5x retail as stated previously. There are lots of Sport models available, while the loaded LT's are very rare and diesels are almost impossible to find. Check for Yukons too, but they didn't make them in 99. I would recommend 96 or later as they have the Vortec engine. The passenger airbag was added in 97. The new, rounded dash started in 95.

So, the answer is it depends on what color & options you want and how much mileage you can tolerate.

dsyukon

Reaction score
Here is Sum Posting

i1190_ShowStopper4.jpg

1st. Go to Champion GMC

2nd. Select SLT YUKON

3rd. Pay Cash

4th. Take home devise a customizing agenda.

5th. Let the Mods. begin !

6th Take pics and post on forums in CYBER~SPACE (all over the internet )

7th Wooooo~ ~ LAAAAA

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
LTZJoe said:
Fellow Tahoe owners, last summer I took delivery of a 2005 Corvette. A month later, I stumbled onto http://forums.corvetteforum.com. WOW!!! What a great place to learn and share information. Needless to say, Corvette owner are freaks about their cars (as am I), so it's entertaining to read their stories, see their pictures, and informative (to say the least) when it comes to, well...anything Corvette.

Two months ago I replaced my 2001 Tahoe LT with a 2007 Tahoe LTZ. Frickin' WOW! What a truck!!! Black exterior, light grey interior, ALL the bells and whistles...she's a real beaut.

Anyways, I got to thinking as to whether there was a group of Tahoe fanatics that would resemble the Corvette fanatics, and here I am. Glad to be aboard, and willing to share or help in any way I can.

Let's get 'er goin'!
I'm a Tahoe Fanatic!I think the new Tahoe is as good looking as the Corvette.

Last edited: