ON Star Nav to OEM Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank M

Reaction score
I need some direction.
On my 2015 Tahoe I only have On Star which I do not like.
I want to have built in nav on this vehicle.

OEM Auto Parts.com & Digital Dash Solutions sell a, Mylink GPS Navigation Radio IO-6 HMI Module with Texting for $645.
They say it's plug and play . You need to provide then the vin number.

Has anyone converted there vehicle to maps?
What purpose does the vin have to do with this?

Anyone had and issue with this.

Thanks
Frank

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youre better off with your phone and the wifi enabled. I also love the onstar guidance and nav. Has been effort free for me. Altough I am curious to hear what everyone else says.

bkooman

Reaction score
I upgraded my radio from iOS5 to iOS6 which now includes Navigation and a few other apps. I ordered it from the company below since they had a local shop in my city - just in case.

https://navrepair.com/collections/all/2015-chevrolet-tahoe

They needed my VIN too - guessing for security reasons. Nonetheless, it was a fairly easy install. All you need is a mini wedge and torx screw driver. You pop off a few trim pieces... drop in a gps antenna... unscrew a few bolts behind the glove box... unhook the old and replace with the new upgrade kit. That is it... took me a while since I have never done anything like this but it was actually pretty easy.