Painted My Bowties (PICS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMC1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I couldnt find any paint that matched Silverbirch Metallic at any local stores and I really didn't want to buy any online (I'm impatient), so I bought some that was as close as I could find. I painted an extra bowtie that I had laying around and I thought it came out pretty good. My wife liked the fact that it wasn't exact because it stuck out a little bit, but it wasn't so off that it was just horrible. Since it is her vehicle, I offered to get exact color, but she wanted to keep it as is. Anyway, what do you think? And yes, I know that the grilles don't match. I'm getting the upper LTZ grille on Friday.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

USMC1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can always just buy some overlays from patriotdecals.com if I don't like it...

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it!!
I have a 2-tone look too
Now for the chrome tow hooks! :D

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do them cheaper and get 07 Tahoe Autopia fogs on Ebay and get a Car Audio shop to install them for you. Should run around $200 then!

HoleInOne

Reaction score
Looks good. I have a black Hoe and I painted my bow ties flat black to contrast a little with the gloss. I like the contrast.

08withoe

Reaction score
bow ties look greAT...can anyone explan how to take off the front tie so i can change it..thanks

Just4fun

Reaction score
Is it fairly easy to take the bow ties off? USMC1102, what color did you use to paint the bow tie and where'd u find it? My wife has the same color tahoe, I wanna do the same. Thanks in advance!