Painting Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to pick up a set of used almost new OE Bilsteins on the cheap to put in with my 2/3 Belltech kit. The only bad part is that they are the ugly factory yellow and blue and I'm afraid that you will be able to see them. Anyone here who has a 2/3 kit, are the shocks even visible once it's lowered? Has anyone painted their shocks, and if so, what kind of success have you had? I don't want to do it and then the paint just come right off and end up having even uglier black/blue/yellow shocks.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
On the front of my truck, the shocks are blue. Only noticeable if you're looking. The rears are black and are not as noticeable.

I'd say you can sand primer and paint. All from a rattle can.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
With my 3/5, my rear shocks are definitely noticeable from the rear. You can see them from the sides as well through the wheels. They're white though, so I'm sure that makes it a bit more noticeable.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see mine too well, I'm more concerned with the function of the shocks over aesthetics anyway. Make sure you use shock extensions of they'll be too long out back.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my 3/5, my rear shocks are definitely noticeable from the rear. You can see them from the sides as well through the wheels. They're white though, so I'm sure that makes it a bit more noticeable.
Yup same here I think..only mine match my paint :D

Who ever heard of washing your shocks LOL!

BOSS